CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Time out on posting a response
tomasc
[Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 3190 Offline
[Post New]
Reference post: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/62618.page#post_box_285353.

wrote: The forum is driving me nuts! I posted an hour ago and just came back to the computer and my post has disappeared again.

Everyone probably experience the same disappearing post at some time. This is how I deal with it to avoid retyping again. If the post appear to time out then…

1. Open a new tab. Open the cyberlink forum message that you are involved in to insure that the message is posted so you don’t double post. If your post is not there then…

2. Go back to the original tab. Hit the browser back button. Hit submit again. It usually works on the second try.

The forum is slow at times. Hope this helps ...
stevek
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4263 Online
[Post New]
When it is real slow, I just copy my reply/post and if it does not show up, I don't have to try to remember what I typed ! cool .
To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Longedge
[Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1167 Offline
[Post New]
I just had to re-try 4 times before a post got through. From a number of tracerts that I've done, everything is ok until I get to the PCCW network and that's where things slow down.
Longedge
[Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1167 Offline
[Post New]
Pathping to "forum.cyberlink.com" shows - "Computing statistics for 325 seconds...". A total of 13 hops all results are <20ms until hop 6 - "285ms 1/ 100 = 1% 1/ 100 = 1% TenGE0-0-0-3.br01.tap04.pccwbtn.net [63.223.9.90]" and that is where things start to go downhill.
Bill A
Newbie Private Message Location: Houston, Texas Joined: Oct 06, 2012 17:39 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
<p style="margin: 0px;"><strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><em style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">My 2<sup>nd</sup><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;"> attempt to post this – First time timed out after 10 minutes of nothing occurring.</span></span>[/i][/b]

<p style="margin: 0px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><em style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">I have had HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE[/i][/b] experiences trying to post on the Cyberlink Forum.</span>

<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;"> </span>

<p style="margin: 0px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">I attempt to post on the forum, either a new posting or a reply to an existing.</span>

<p style="margin: 0px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;"> </span>

<p style="margin: 0px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">About 3 out of 4 times it will time out without actually posting anything. I usually but not always, get a message of something along the lines of “website cannot be reached”</span>

<p style="margin: 0px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;"> </span>

<p style="margin: 0px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">I finally learned(but don’t always remember) to write my posting in an external editor and then cut and paste so I won’t have to totally retype my message when it bombs out.</span>

<p style="margin: 0px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Many times, even clicking on a thread to read it will time out without actually opening the thread.</span>

<p style="margin: 0px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">Please Cyberlink – Having a robust forum on a robust server that does not time out is not all that difficult.</span>

<p style="margin: 0px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">I realize that there may be multiple users on line from around the world at any given time but surely something better can be provided.</span>

<p style="margin: 0px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">These issues occur in both Microsoft Edge and in Firefox so I don’t think it is a browser issue.</span>

<p style="margin: 0px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">The users forum and the feedback from other CL users is an important part of maximizing the usability of PowerDirector or any of the other CL programs.</span>

<p style="margin: 0px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;">PLEASE – This is frustrating.</span>

CyberLinkForum-Admin
Administrator Private Message Location: Xindian Dist., New Taipei City, Taiwan (R.O.C.) Joined: Jun 29, 2012 04:52 Messages: 101 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Bill,

The development team is aware of recent issues and are looking into it.

This old thread will be locked since it is not related to the new issue.

Regards,

Admin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 11. 2017 03:35