Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD 8 problem - message says no disc in drive D
Susan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 19, 2009 22:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have used Power Dvd version 8 (not ultra) for at least two years with no problems, but my computer crashed and then I had to reinstall Power DVD. At first everything seemed fine, but now when I try to play a DVD, I get a message that says that there is no disc in drive D. I checked to see the connections were all good and I unplugged and replugged them. I use an external DVD player with my laptop computer - Windows XP.

I am wondering if it is the player itself which is broken - has anyone experienced the same problem and how did you resolve it? I really am not sure what drive D is, but since they say there is no disc in it, I assume it is my player. I once dropped it accidentally, so it could be that something got loose in it
Steve [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 24, 2009 06:09 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Susan, I am having similar problems with PDV9. Like you I had hard drive problems and had to format and reload xp. I re loaded the pvd that came with the dvd drive that was working perfectly and had the same problem, no disc. After many unloads and reloads it eventually worked, so I thought I would upgrade to PVD9.Guess what,same problem. It's in the hands of the technos so I will let you know what happens. Have you tried your player on another computer with another working program.
Re D-drive. If you go to My Computer you will see your hard drive is C drive and D drive should show as an external drive.Let me know how you go.
Susan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 19, 2009 22:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply, Steve. I haven't tried another computer, since I only own one. If you get an answer that helps you resolve the problem, let me know. I am thinking of taking my drive to a tech at the store where I bought it to see if it is broken.