CyberLink Community Forum
PowerProducer BD "Disc Type Not Supported" Error  XML
Forum Index » General info regarding 4K/2K Ultra HD and Blu-ray Discs
Ted

Very frustrating.....I have a Sony BWU 100A Blu-Ray burner. I can burn plain DVDs using PowerProducer 3.0 BD and the Sony Blu-Ray burner but when I try to burn a Blu-Ray disc, I get a message "Disc Type Not Supported". I can also burn Blu-Ray Data Discs using the Power2Go.

I have updated the Sony Drive to the latest firmware, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Cyberlink SW.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Ted
Don

Somewhere in the doc was a caution to "remove packet writing software" before loading the Cyberlink set. I was using Nero and its such software was INCD4. You can Google for other equivalents like EasyCDcreator. I removed all of Nero including INCD4 using a removal tool on Nero's site. After that, Cyberlink worked fine and I have been able to make both data discs (using InstantBurn) and BDAV discs (for HDV movies) on BD-RE discs. I can still use the Sony BWU100a to make DVDs. It even did a 2hr 50min double layer DVD project out of Adobe Encore 1.5.1 with no complaints.
Ted

Thanks.

I was wondered about the Nero SW. I have removed it and reloaded the OS. I guess I need to muck around in the registry.
Ted

I still can not burn Blu-Ray DVD.

I formatted the hard drive, re-installed WinXP Pro, installed PowerProducer BD, disabled CD burning, created a project and tried to burn it. I still get the "This disc not supported error".
Don

That's a pretty drastic reload, and I know how time consuming it is. I am concerned with your comment "disabled CD burning". In the reload you should have loaded nothing for any other optical drives you have in your machine. The Cyberlink stack will take care of other DVD or CD drives you have.
Ted

WinXP recognizes CD/DVD drives and automatically loads drivers. Cyberlink Tech support said to make sure the cd burning is disabled, so that's what I did.

No where in Sony's instructions did they say anything about removing Nero, etc. Even it did, I think I'd be in the same spot.
Don

The caution on removing other packet writing software in in the Sony manual, publication 2-677-302-11 on page 33.

Did your load leave you with the "Sony BluRay" icon?. It should show next to the drive in "Explore". That also loaded a square "barber pole" for drag and drop that I decided was ugly, unnecessary and occasionally interrupted Adobe Premiere renders. I turned that off in startup ( run "MSCONFIG", startup tab.) I also have CTDetect, Power2goExpress and VistaAccess(?) turned off.
SeanJ27

I'm having the smae issue - the burner worked absolutely fine for DVDs, then after burning a Blu-ray, it's not burning CDs or DVDs and my Windows Media Player isn't burning or recognizing CD-Rs either. Please help!!!
peleus

[Avatar]

I noticed another few instances on this already. Got any luck on this SeanJ27 ?
Lars_Mørch

All BD disc I burn, works with power DVD on my computer but not with an BD player on my TV, why ???

I use Cyberlink Medie Suite 10 (Power Producer v.5)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 16/09/2012 12:31:37

[Email] [WWW]
maggieger

[Avatar]

Free Blu-ray Player is especially designed for Blu-ray fans, which enables you to play any Blu-ray movies with amazing and outstanding visual experience at home. Once you own this perfect Blu-ray Player, you can easily play any Blu-ray disc, moreover, Blu-ray folder and ISO image files are supported. You can choose which chapter or title be played first according to your needs.

http://www.freeblurayplayer.com/

Forum Index » General info regarding 4K/2K Ultra HD and Blu-ray Discs
Go to: