Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't turn off Subtitles
Steve [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2009 17:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
No matter what I try I can't turn off the subtitles in my PowerDVD 6. Is there a patch for this?
Steve [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2009 17:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Can anybody help?
don [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 30, 2008 18:50 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same question. Is there a way to permanently turn subtitles off. Im using powerdvd7 ultra and every time i play a movie they are on. I can turn them off but its really annoying to have to do it every time.

Thanks
Karenx13 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 05, 2009 21:23 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Steve & Don, that's strange that you're having that issue. I've been trying to add sub-titles to a movie I just made & it took me all kinds of figuring out to even get a sub-title menu to appear. Then I found it's just an on,off deal anyway. No way to use it to get into your sub-titles seperate from the whole.
Try, when you go into create, take your menu, what ever one you chose to use into modify. Make your adjustments on just two of the pages the main menu & the chapter page. Don't even open the sub-title page,then save with changes you've made. I believe that was why I wasn't getting one, I was not going into it & editing it in the modify menu place..............Hope that helps. I have PD7, and I haven't been using it long either, but with the help I've gotten from this forum I'm beginning to really like the program. Just take some time for sure..........Good Luck Karen karen
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6144MB
RAM Page File: 2082MB used, 10202MB available
don [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yea my problem is with actual dvds. not home made movies so that doesnt really help me. My problem is with powerdvd automatically turning them on.
Karenx13 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Don, if you are working with Power DVD & want help, you ought to go into the Power DVD forum. The folks in there may be able to help you better. Right now you're in the PowerDirector 6 & up forum. Go back to the 1st page of the forum
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/list/ENU.page
and the Power DVD forum is right above this one. Good Luck.....Karen
karen
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
don [Avatar]
[Post New]
Karen, Thanks. Thats very helpful... except for the fact that THIS IS THE powerdvd forum and NOT the powerdirector forum but thanks for the words of wisdom.

Now, does anyone have any suggestions for us that can help us solve our problem?
Karenx13 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Don, oh my gosh, you got me there LOL . Don't know how I ever ended up in the Power DVD forum to begin with. AND here I thought I might be able to help someone. I've personally gotten so much help from others in the forum, I'm sure you will find someone helpful soon. I'm so sorry, must have been late. Gotta Have some excuse!!!!
Good Luck Karen karen
don [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yea we'll go with the real late excuse. That sounds about right. thanks anyway
[Post New]
ONE FIX:

This works on Cyberlink Power DVD 10. put in the disc, hit the play button, let it get started. Then, click the DVD pop up menu icon (found on the control bar at bottom of screen). Choose Primary Subtitles, and check OFF. Note, the menu won't show all choices until the movie is actually started or resumed.
Dave549 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 21, 2011 09:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
This tells us how to turn it off for each movie we start, but how do you turn off the default setting?