Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
help me please me cam wont turn on?!?!
rochine [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2009 10:54 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
i just got a new laptop and i've got a built in youcam thing but i cant get it to turn on can anyone help me out???
Ryan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2009 14:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have the exact same problem! If any one knows what to do please help!
Amy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 13, 2009 06:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
It took me ages to figure out how to turn it on! You need to hold down the button that says Fn on it (it's in blue letters, bottom left on keyboard next to the Ctrl key) and press F6. That switches it on and off!
Ryan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2009 14:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
THANK U SO MUCH!
Ive [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2009 21:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
i try these but doesn't work for me
Frank [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2009 11:35 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
I have an hp dv series laptop with built in webcam.

I have been dealing with this problem for 2 weeks now. Everytime I go to turn on my Cyberlink Youcam I get the error message:

"No video device detected. Please plug a video device into your computer. If you use an intergrated camera please make sure the camera is switched on".

No matter what I've tried, it wont work. I've tried pressing fn and F6 keys and all that does is lock the computer and prompt me to switch to another user. Also "Image devises" is not even listed in device manager.

This problem is maddening and I'd really like to find a fix for this.
The funny thing is the camera was working a few weeks ago.

Any help would be appreciated.
juliana [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 14, 2009 12:38 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem explained by Frank. What should I do? Thank you!
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi guys,

Does your web cam work with another program or by itself (i.e. without YouCam).

If not, it sounds like there is an issue with your web cam, i.e. it may have malfunctioned. You should then talk to your notebook/webcam dealer and get them to fix it.

Let me know if you can provide more info

Dave
juliana [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 14, 2009 12:38 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, it does not work in anyway, like there is no webcam available. I have a LG E 500 notebook, I will see what my warranty offers to me.

Juliana
Nicole [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 14, 2009 21:35 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using an HP laptop with a Cyberlink Youcam built-in, and my computer runs on Windows Vista. It has always worked perfectly. But lately I've been hearing that sound like when you plug in or take out something in the USB port, and I have nothing plugged into it. And earlier when I tried to use my webcam, it said no video device found, and I couldn't understand that. Then a little later I heard that USB sound and I went to try to work my webcam and it worked. I have no idea why it's doing this all of a sudden. If anyone has any answers, I'd love to hear it. Thanks!
Menno [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 29, 2010 11:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I had the same problem, I did Fn + F6, didn't work, Then I looked at my function buttons and under F9 there was a picture of a camera. So i did Fn + F9 and then windows started installin the software, now it works! So look for a camera button with a camera.
ben [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 14, 2010 10:27 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
please can someone help i cant get the webcam to work all i keep getting is....
CANNOT CONNECT TO THIS VIDEO DEVICE ( WEBCAM -101) PLEASE SELECT ANOTHER CAPTURE DEVICE VIA SETTINGS OR CLOSE ANY APLICATION THAT MAY BE USING THIS VIDEO DEVICE AND TRY RESTARTING YOUCAM AGAIN..... this is most frstrating as it was working the other night and now it wont ive closed everything bt it still wont work Help Please !!
chessa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 01, 2011 12:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Sad to say... Just because the computer has Cybercam doesn't mean the camera is there. I was recieving the same error message.... So I took my computer into a trusted friends computer shop and low and behold there is not computer camera... you will need to purchase a camera and/or driver. Sorry It took forever because the computer has everything need for the camera just no camera itself. The worst part is... The computer WAS advertised as having a built in camera.... )not true
kenneth [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 31, 2011 16:43 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have a Samsung Laptop, Model R580 with a built-in webcam. It worked fine for awhile but after I bought an upgrade to YouCam 4 Standard, it stopped working! I then bought a new WebCam [Logitech C510] because of the above message I was getting. Still not operating! I then noticed the update to my software...I tried loading it and was told I had to uninstall YouCam to do it. I then trie uninstalling YouCam and was unable to do it. Do you know what you are doing at Cyberlink?
Missy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 08, 2011 22:13 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the Same issue, I have a very good friend who is increadably smart when it comes to computers and he can't even get it to work and im fustrated because hes the one i want to talk to on my webcam!!!!!! PLEASE HELP
Brenda [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 14, 2011 08:30 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
i have a compaq presario CQ62 does anyone else. If so can you tell me how to turn on the web cam. this is the most frustrating thing ever.
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Brenda,

Seems like lots of people have problems getting the webcam started in the Compaq Presario CQ62.

Try checking out this page or contacting their tech support for more help:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02452221&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

Regards,
David
Brian Devlin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 27, 2011 11:31 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Have Medion lap for 6 month. Built-in webcam (Simplo). Make Skype webcalls. Simplo webcam satifactory. (Cyberlink prog, inc YouCam v3 pre-installed. Never used them).

Last 2 times, big prob. Can`t see my mate, (he sees me). Next time, I see him, (he can`t see me). Both times, relevant Skype window shows "Cyberlink" webaddress logo, instead him/me.

Before Skype settings (Tools menu, Video Settings) only had "Simplo webcam" option. During prob calls, only "Cyberlink WebCam Filter" option listed, (so can`t solve prob by selecting "Simplo"). After calls, both options available.

What`s going on? Real tired. How do I get "Cyberlink Webcam Filter" option off my Skype? (hopefully solving prob). Will uninstalling Cyberlink YouCam listing using Windows Control Centre delete it from Prog Files too? (prefer avoid that). (Do I have to uninstall handfull other Cyberlink listings alongside YouCam listing as well?).
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Brian,

To change the webcam driver for Skype, do this:

1. In the Skype menu, select Tools >
Options.
2. Click on the Video settings tab.
3. In the Select webcam drop down menu, try selecting your webcam's driver, instead of CyberLink Webcam Splitter.
4. Click Save to save your changes.

Regards,
David
aneka713 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 29, 2011 22:24 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]

I cannot uninstall my youcam 3 so I can load the disk of the update that I paid for. I am very frustrated and feel like the company sells the items but don't help you out with the problem. The company keeps sending the same e-mail that doesn't even start to work. first of all you can't click on the link you say to click on.