Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 15 not remembering the last set audio Output Mode for each format
Keylonta1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2015 00:33 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
When I first play a DVD, I set the PowerDVD 15 audio Output Mode to Non-decoded Dolby Digital/DTS to external device to get Dolby Digital. Then when I play a Blu-ray I have to set the Output Mode to Non-decoded high definition audio to external device to get DTS HD-Master. Then the next time I play a DVD the Output Mode is set to PCM decoded by PowerDVD and I have to switch it back to Non-decoded Dolby Digital/DTS to external device to get Dolby Digital again. Then the next time I play a Blu-ray the Output Mode is set to Non-decoded Dolby Digital/DTS to external device and I have to switch it back to Non-decoded high definition audio to external device to get DTS HD-Master again. You see where I'm going with this! How do I get the stupid program to remember the set Output Mode for each format? frown
Bogdan_D [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Mar 30, 2014 12:49 Messages: 167 Offline
[Post New]
There is an error in the program. Submit a ticket to Cyberlink.

I've submited for something similar a few months ago.
Keylonta1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2015 00:33 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Found a topic from seven years ago with the same issue.

Why has this issue not been fixed? Why would the developers of PowerDVD design it so that every time you switch between playing a DVD to Blu-ray, or vice versa, you have to go into the settings and set the highest quality audio?

PowerDVD changes audio output settings when bitstreaming