Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
rich video issues
nikolo [Avatar]
Member Location: athens Joined: Oct 28, 2012 06:52 Messages: 127 Offline
[Post New]
hello.today when today i try to run powerdiretcor 15 appears the message :''rich video is not installed in your system and if i want to install''.i clik ok but now every time i open the powerdierctor appears the same message!!i use a few weeks the program and never again appears a similar message.now appears every time i open powerdiretcor.what is that?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote hello.today when today i try to run powerdiretcor 15 appears the message :''rich video is not installed in your system and if i want to install''.i clik ok but now every time i open the powerdierctor appears the same message!!i use a few weeks the program and never again appears a similar message.now appears every time i open powerdiretcor.what is that?
Richvideo is a Cyberlink Service. To fix it: Start, Type in the Text box 'services', click on the item that appears that is the word Sevices by itself. The are three items that appear on my system, you want the one that is the word Services by itself.

Click on it, you may need to expand the first column to be able to read the entire item. It is "Cyberlink Richvideo64 Service (CRVS)" look accross for Status Started and Startup Type is Automatic (Delayed Start). You can change status by right click, then Click Start if it in not started and running.

Riight Click on the Startup Type and change to Automatic(Delayed Start). When done you can exit Services.

That should get RichVideo starting when Windows Starts.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 04. 2017 14:35

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

metzmatt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 28, 2013 00:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote hello.today when today i try to run powerdiretcor 15 appears the message :''rich video is not installed in your system and if i want to install''.i clik ok but now every time i open the powerdierctor appears the same message!!i use a few weeks the program and never again appears a similar message.now appears every time i open powerdiretcor.what is that?
Richvideo is a Cyberlink Service. To fix it: Start, Type in the Text box 'services', click on the item that appears that is the word Sevices by itself. The are three items that appear on my system, you want the one that is the word Services by itself.

Click on it, you may need to expand the first column to be able to read the entire item. It is "Cyberlink Richvideo64 Service (CRVS)" look accross for Status Started and Startup Type is Automatic (Delayed Start). You can change status by right click, then Click Start if it in not started and running.

Riight Click on the Startup Type and change to Automatic(Delayed Start). When done you can exit Services.

I have the OPPOSITE request. I use PowerDirector 15 only a few times a year. Yet apparently when it was installed, it configured to automatically load into services (delayed start) every time I start my computer. Obviously, this dedicates a portion of my RAM to RichVideo even when I'm not using PowerDirector.If I change the SERVICES setting from Automatic (Delayed Start) to Manual, then I assume it will NOT be automatically loaded into RAM every boot. Then, what will happen when I start PowerDirector15 - I assume it will open up a dialog box and tell me I need to start it. Is that correct? I would rather manually start it on the few occasions when I start PD15 than have it automatically start on each OS boot.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]

I have the OPPOSITE request. I use PowerDirector 15 only a few times a year. Yet apparently when it was installed, it configured to automatically load into services (delayed start) every time I start my computer. Obviously, this dedicates a portion of my RAM to RichVideo even when I'm not using PowerDirector.If I change the SERVICES setting from Automatic (Delayed Start) to Manual, then I assume it will NOT be automatically loaded into RAM every boot. Then, what will happen when I start PowerDirector15 - I assume it will open up a dialog box and tell me I need to start it. Is that correct? I would rather manually start it on the few occasions when I start PD15 than have it automatically start on each OS boot.
I do not know if you would get a dialog to start Rich Video.

Are you sure that Rich Video is starting and using some resources? Unless your computer is very short on RAM, I would guess you have more than enough RAM for you to worlk your other programs. I assume that you do not get any messages that you are out of memory.

I do know for a fact that if you were using Powerdirector and you ran out of Resources, Powerdirector (in the Create Disk Module) will tell you are out of memory. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

metzmatt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 28, 2013 00:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

I do not know if you would get a dialog to start Rich Video.

Are you sure that Rich Video is starting and using some resources? Unless your computer is very short on RAM, I would guess you have more than enough RAM for you to worlk your other programs. I assume that you do not get any messages that you are out of memory.

I do know for a fact that if you were using Powerdirector and you ran out of Resources, Powerdirector (in the Create Disk Module) will tell you are out of memory.

Yes, it is running. I am unhappy that you have not answered my question, but instead diverted the issue to whether I am running out of RAM, which is a red herring. PD, like any program, should not during installation cause programs to start at boot up that are not required before PD starts, regardless of how much RAN I have. If enough programs take that license, it helps explain why memory issues are, well, issues.
Bonypart [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2015 10:04 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I know it is late in the day but I found a way round this issue that worked for me. All the other suggestions didn't so it might be worth a try.

Repair RichVideo Installation

Press the "Windows" and "R" keys on your keyboard simultaneously.

Type "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files" in the "Open" field of the Run dialogue box and press "Enter."

Right-click "RichVideoUninstall" and click "Run as Administrator." Click "Yes" on the UAC dialog. The screen will flash briefly as RichVideo is removed.

Right-click "RichVideoInstall" and click "Run as Administrator." Click "Yes" on the UAC dialog. The screen will flash briefly as RichVideo is reinstalled.