Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A Question of Speed
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
I have a bit of a dilemma with speed in the Title Room, PD7 build 2227c

I put a colour board in the timeline, then put the default title in the Title Track, click modify to open the Title Designer, add all the text, then click Modify the animation properties.
Highlight the objects, then click Begin Effect, select either Scoll Up or Perspective Scroll, then click End Effect and select No Effect.

My problem is, no matter how I play around with the key frames, I cannot stop it from scrolling like a rocket, making the text unreadable, can anyone advise what I am doing wrong.

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 01. 2009 20:45

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
Robert

I tried this with Scroll Up and it worked fine. (Note that the End Effect is the same as the Begin Effect with this one.) With Perspective Scroll the only way I could get it to slow down was to extend the overall duration of the title.

Hope that helps.

Robert
RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
Robert

I also found that adjusting the second and third key frames so that the yellow band on the blue stripe is as small as possible tends to slow down the scrolling.

Robert
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert & Robert,

This is interesting, because I have never seen any adjustable/moveable key frames when it comes to modifying the text animation properties. I’ve seen where others have made reference to these key frames, and moving them in order to modify the durations of text animation, but I’ve been to embarrassed to ask where they are? They simply don’t appear on my Modify Text screen.
I can see and have taken advantage of the key frame pointers/arrows in for instance PIP Motion, but have never seen them appear or be associated with the modifying of text motion since I started using PD (v4). I’m currently using PD7 Deluxe (build 2206)

So... for modifying text motion durations, this has always been my workaround...
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/5013.page#19291

I’m probably missing something simple here, thus coming up with this complicated workaround. But in using this workaround, all aspects of creating the desired text, works fine for me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 02. 2009 02:46

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
G'day mates. Take a look at:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3522.page#16170

This is one I did earlier. Open it up in Title Designer - click on the text etc.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 02. 2009 04:13

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, I've looked at what Robert's done and I've sent him some images and a pds.
Basically this is to do with the primary and secondary keyframes not being correctly set initially - re-doing the Title will sort everything out.

images to assist attached.

Dafydd
[Thumb - sdukpdb433a.gif]
 Filename
sdukpdb433a.gif
[Disk]
 Description
001 - Add text and see the key frames blue and yellow - prime and secondary key frames
 Filesize
14 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
267 time(s)
[Thumb - sdukpdb435.jpg]
 Filename
sdukpdb435.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
003 - Final position of Key frames
 Filesize
70 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
242 time(s)
[Thumb - sdukpdb434.jpg]
 Filename
sdukpdb434.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
002 - Position of secondary key frame
 Filesize
28 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
261 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 02. 2009 15:25

Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for images Dayfdd.

I can't believe I missed this all this time. I had tried to hover my mouse over the blue/yellow line in the past (even though there aren't actual key frame markers/triangles, like the ones displayed in say... PIP motion), but I never got the little double arrow to display. But now with some experimentation, I find that if I am extremely precise (and patient), I can indeed find that very small sweet spot to hover my mouse on the line, to get the double arrow to show, thus making it possible to slide the out and in duration points.
Perhaps this is why I missed it, as one has to (on my rig anyway), be an extremely precise mouse hoverer guy. Maybe in version 8, Cyberlink could broaden a bit, the sensitivity of finding these spots to get the double arrow to display. Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Robert and Dafydd,

My problem was to use the logical approach, that you would move key frame 1 and then key frame 2, not 2 then 1, that appears illogical. However issue now resolved.

Thanks guys

Robert

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 03. 2009 07:18

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots