CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDR.exe not working
Reply to this topic
Welch62
[Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 31, 2017 10:07 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, looking for any help I can get as CyberLink tech support have left me hanging for two weeks now. I have two errors when running powerdirector 14. Firstly I get an error stating "pdhanumansvr.exe has stopped working". Then get error "pdr.exe has stopped working" at which point the software crashes. I'm using windows 8.1 64 bit. I have tried reinstalling but nothing changes
Reply
tomasc
[Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 3222 Offline
[Post New]
There might be a bad or corrupt video file in which the shadow files need to be generated. Try this: Open PD14. Go to Preferences and disable shadow files. Load your project.

Let us know if this stop the crashing for now.
Reply
Welch62
[Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 31, 2017 10:07 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
wrote: There might be a bad or corrupt video file in which the shadow files need to be generated. Try this: Open PD14. Go to Preferences and disable shadow files. Load your project.

Let us know if this stop the crashing for now.




thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it does not make any difference. I get the "pdhanumansvr.exe has stopped working " as soon as I open the software. As soon as I try to import a video file I get the "pdr.exe has stopped working " error
Reply
Welch62
[Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 31, 2017 10:07 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
wrote:
wrote: There might be a bad or corrupt video file in which the shadow files need to be generated. Try this: Open PD14. Go to Preferences and disable shadow files. Load your project.

Let us know if this stop the crashing for now.




thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it does not make any difference. I get the "pdhanumansvr.exe has stopped working " as soon as I open the software. As soon as I try to import a video file I get the "pdr.exe has stopped working " error


i have found that if I reboot the notebook the pdhanumansvr error disappeared but the software still crashes when importing a file
Reply
Longedge
[Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1207 Offline
[Post New]
If you are able to open PDR without a crash, then before you do anything else, check your preferences, if "Enable HD video processing (shadow files)" is enabled try switching it off and see if that helps.
Reply
Welch62
[Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 31, 2017 10:07 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
wrote: If you are able to open PDR without a crash, then before you do anything else, check your preferences, if "Enable HD video processing (shadow files)" is enabled try switching it off and see if that helps.




many thanks for the reply. I have tried that and it does eliminate the pdhanumansvr.exe error but unfortunately the software still crashes withe pdr.exe has stopped working error either when importing video files or when starting to produce the final video file
Reply
Longedge
[Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1207 Offline
[Post New]
wrote: I have tried that and it does eliminate the pdhanumansvr.exe error but unfortunately the software still crashes withe pdr.exe has stopped working error either when importing video files or when starting to produce the final video file


Ah... in that case posting your dxdiag output would be a good starting point.
Reply
Welch62
[Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 31, 2017 10:07 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
wrote:
wrote: I have tried that and it does eliminate the pdhanumansvr.exe error but unfortunately the software still crashes withe pdr.exe has stopped working error either when importing video files or when starting to produce the final video file


Ah... in that case posting your dxdiag output would be a good starting point.




dxdiag file attached
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
79 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
73 time(s)
Reply
Longedge
[Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1207 Offline
[Post New]
My best guess is that you appear to have a problem of some sort with your installation of directx. It might be worth looking at THIS Microsoft answers article.

I think the dll that is causing most of the crashes is a system file so you could also try running the system file checker. I always do it in safe mode then at the command prompt type in - sfc /scannow
Reply
Welch62
[Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 31, 2017 10:07 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
wrote: My best guess is that you appear to have a problem of some sort with your installation of directx. It might be worth looking at THIS Microsoft answers article.

I think the dll that is causing most of the crashes is a system file so you could also try running the system file checker. I always do it in safe mode then at the command prompt type in - sfc /scannow




Many thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, neither has worked. Still crashing as before so any further suggestions will be helpful
Reply
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 5459 Offline
[Post New]
May I ask what version and build of PD you are using, and what is the file type(s) that you keep trying to import? My website http://bgillcyberstudio.com/index.html LINKS TO PDTOOTS & hundreds of other valuable resources!
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)/Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/7,200rpm/w10x64---Canon Vixia HV30/HFM40/HFM41/Olympus E-PL5
Reply
Welch62
[Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 31, 2017 10:07 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
wrote: May I ask what version and build of PD you are using, and what is the file type(s) that you keep trying to import?




Power director 24 ultra build 14.0.2820.0



MANY THANKS
Reply
Reply to this topic
Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team