where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Producer Green Screen Problem
Reply to this topic
Mark57G
[Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 07, 2017 15:00 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am fairly new to this community but have been using Power Producer and Director a long time ( several years) and I just upgraded to Power Producer 6 because my original PProducer software does not work with Win 10 but my original Director does. I downloaded the trial version and it worked well on my first attempt. So I decided to purchase PProducer 6 Delux and all was going well but I did notice that one of the video slots on the menu had a green icon. So I burned the disc anyway. Well on playback the DVD-R played back the audio fine but the video was totally green all the way through. Though I had tried to burn a disc earlier with the trial software and it said the version could not burn discs over 30 min which I thought was valid so I went ahead and purchased it and I did still had a green menu icon but the video seemed to work. I tried burning the same disc but now just audio and no video just a green screen. Is this a known bug? I had read in the forums about this doing my research but found no answer. Is it a setting that is not set correctly? I imported an MPEG file size 2.40GB and 43 min. Usually in the past I could import up to 60 min. with no problem. On the menu authoring screen the icon looks normal but when I put it into preview the green icon pops up and the playback has sound but no video only the green screen. I am wondering if I have the preferences set wrong or something, unless the software is defective which I doubt. If I were trying to make blue ray I figure it may be a hardware problem. But I am not, just DVD-R which should work. I hope to resolve this issue soon because I do have some time sensitive discs to burn. I would appreciate any suggestions or help especially from Cyberlink. I hope to contine to enjoy making videos as I have for the past 8 years. Thanks in advance, Mark
sumerJ
[Avatar]
Senior Member Private Message Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 214 Offline
[Post New]
You may try to disable hardware acceleration encoding. The green block looks like caused by vga hardware encoding.
Mark57G
[Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 07, 2017 15:00 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
wrote: You may try to disable hardware acceleration encoding. The green block looks like caused by vga hardware encoding.
Thanks but how do I disable hardware acceleration encoding?
PIX
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Sep 21, 2011 00:02 Messages: 1765 Offline
[Post New]
wrote: Thanks but how do I disable hardware acceleration encoding?

In the Final Output dialogue, where Burn to disc &/or Create a folder can be selected, there's a checkbox at the bottom "Enable GPU hardware video encoder".

Just make sure it is unchecked.

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
Reply to this topic