Uploading files larger than 1gb
Reply to this topic
Marina D.Ray
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 19, 2014 00:58 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Concerning Cloud access
Is there a way to upload 1.5GB files?
Need to share a few of those. My quality is 4K, and I do not wish to reduce.

Thank you!
PIX
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Sep 21, 2011 00:02 Messages: 1928 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Marina D.Ray,

Welcome to the DZ forum laughing

I've never tried to upload such large files to CyberLink Cloud, but I can see no reason why it would be a problem if your Cloud account is capable. I'm not aware of any restrictions on individual upload file size.

With such large files, you need reliable internet upload speeds which are also dependent on the server. That's worth considering.

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
Marina D.Ray
[Post New]
I have a 50GB package.

It displays a message that I can only upload 1gb at a time
PIX
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Sep 21, 2011 00:02 Messages: 1928 Offline
[Post New]
You could either:

1. Produce your 4K video with a lower bitrate (that's the hugest factor in file size) - and you may well get it under 1GB

or

2. Share you files on a site that doesn't have such a restriction.

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
Marina D.Ray
[Post New]
Thanks,

It doesn't help though, people want the full res.

I hoped I can alleviate the restriction of file size.
PIX
[Post New]
I wasn't suggesting that you change the resolution. Whether your video is genuine 4K (4096x2160) or UHD (3840x2160), keep that same resolution. I was suggesting that you lower the video bitrate to decrease the file size.

As an example, I just imported a UHD clip, just under 3 minutes in duration. It's 3840x2160 25fps with a VBR of 60Mbps. The original clip is 1.25GB.

I produced the clip to 3840x2160 25fps with a VBR of 30Mbps. The file size is 618MB.

There are quite a few shared file sites that do no have similar restrictions on upload file size. I have a free account at this one, where the upload file size limit is 10GB.

CyberLink provides 50GB of cloud space as part of your subscription/purchase. I'm sure there are reasonable bandwidth considerations in limiting individual uploads to 1GB.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 20. 2016 20:31

PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
Marina D.Ray
[Post New]
Oh cool! Sabercat!
I didn't know that one...
Thank you for the bitrate tip too, I tried reducing it, but the video turns a bit jerky...I will try again with the new PD 15 that I just purchased. Thanks again!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 20. 2016 20:56

Marina D.Ray
[Post New]
oh no Sabercat limits to 50MB
Reply to this topic