Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Several odd behaviors in crop & zoom
GeoffCollier [Avatar]
Newbie Location: SC, USA Joined: Jul 07, 2015 03:56 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
I studied the crop & zoom tutorials on youtube. I am working on some crop & zoom. It seems though, that when I add a new keyframe, the grab buttons (resizing) don't appear. I am able to move the zoom point around, but not resize.

Another problem is that that after adding a new keyframe, I try to move the cursor and the keyframe follows the cursor. It doesn't appear to do this on the tutorials, when I watch them closely. I can get around this by running the video a few seconds past the keyframe, or alternatively, jumping the cursor to the next keyframe with the appropriate button. This is rather clumsy though. Any hints on either problem? Thanks!Geoff Collier Geoff Collier
I7 3770 12 gigs ram. SSD primary drive. Radeon R9 200 series
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Geoff,

"when I add a new keyframe, the grab buttons (resizing) don't appear. I am able to move the zoom point around, but not resize."

I can't duplicate this, but I want to make sure I understand what you mean. The crop and zoom box you cannot resize it after created a new keyframe? I can without problems. Make sure the playback slider (cursor) is over the keyframe and it is red.

"Another problem is that that after adding a new keyframe, I try to move the cursor and the keyframe follows the cursor."

I see what you mean, but this is because you can click and move an added keyframe. So when you add it, it is selected, i.e. the playback slider is over the keyframe. Just click passed the keyframe on the timeline instead of dragging the slider (cursor).

David
GeoffCollier [Avatar]
Newbie Location: SC, USA Joined: Jul 07, 2015 03:56 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Geoff,

"when I add a new keyframe, the grab buttons (resizing) don't appear. I am able to move the zoom point around, but not resize."

I can't duplicate this, but I want to make sure I understand what you mean. The crop and zoom box you cannot resize it after created a new keyframe? I can without problems. Make sure the playback slider (cursor) is over the keyframe and it is red.

"Another problem is that that after adding a new keyframe, I try to move the cursor and the keyframe follows the cursor."

I see what you mean, but this is because you can click and move an added keyframe. So when you add it, it is selected, i.e. the playback slider is over the keyframe. Just click passed the keyframe on the timeline instead of dragging the slider (cursor).

David

Thanks! With regard to the first behavior, it has gone away. Maybe it was a temporary bug, and I needed to just close down the program. With respect to the 2nd, your solution solved it. Geoff Collier
I7 3770 12 gigs ram. SSD primary drive. Radeon R9 200 series
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Geoff & CLD -

I can confirm Geoff's "random missing handles" issue... and yes - it will often sort itself out after closing & re-opening the Crop & Zoom module.

One thing I found, Geoff, is that even though the white handles may not appear after adding a keyframe the box can still be resized.

I haven't encountered the same thing in PDR15 yet.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!