Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"you must update cyberlink powerDVD to continue playback of this content"
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Flozzie,

please try to get an updated Firmware for your ODD

Br
Michael
Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Flozzie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2010 16:29 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I've gotten the latest available firmware. You keep telling me to get it and I keep telling you I have downloaded the latest available and have upgraded.
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

please contact the CS team about your issue

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Flozzie [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have, but been waiting for 3 or 4 days now for a response.
[Post New]
Hi Flozzie,

sorry to hear - can you please let me know your CSD you got from Support team - I want to check the case

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
Flozzie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Michael. After getting home, I have PM'd you a message with all of my incident numbers over the last month or so.
[Post New]
Hi Flozzie,

what drive are you using?

thanks and greetings

Werde Facebook Fan
Flozzie [Avatar]
[Post New]
It is a Liteon/Phillips which is OEM from Alienware for my machine. PLDS BD-RE DH-4B1S
Flozzie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for trying to help Michael, but I was given the information to contact Digital River to start the return process. Every Blueray I have plays perfectly fine in version 9, but upgrade to version 10 and none of them will play.

panabukk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 20, 2011 12:38 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Let me share the solution that worked for me.

Like many, I've spent hours searching forums and websites for a solution to this problem.

OS is Windows 7
Player is a Lite-On Blu-ray writer
Playback Software is PowerDVD 10 Ultra

DVDs played normally but each time I tried to play a Blu-ray disc, I got the same tiresome error message
I updated all the drivers... tried all the suggested remedies without success.
Even tried a different playback program, ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre.
I still got the same looping update message

Then I read somewhere it might have to do with the Blu-ray's AACS Copy Protection
So I downloaded and installed a trial program that disables this copy protection, AnyDVD HD
It did the trick!

Everything works normally ever since.

Hope this helps someone,

panabukk
LEVO [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 15, 2011 16:14 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
panabukk:
this is temporarily solution unless you decided to buy AnyDVD HD (After trial period expired)

Trick with AnyDVD HD also works for me, but don't know why pay again for some new softare if Cyberlink claims that PowerDVD plays BlueRay. Also temporarily because now I am here with others on this forum...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 16. 2011 14:26