Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio track visual generation.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Has anyone else noticed a slower generation of the visual audio track in the timeline ? A comparison test on a few mp4 clips appear to indicate that PD15 is sometimes slower. Sometimes the visual is not generated at all. PD14 typically takes about 30 seconds for a 30 minute clip.

Any confirmations ?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 20. 2016 15:21

Win 10, i7
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi HDedit -

I can offer you a partial confirmation. Inserting a 35min video into PDR15's timeline, it takes just over 30 seconds to generate the audio waveform.

Clearing the waveform cache in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector between each test, I compared that to some previous versions. The same video imported in each case.

PDR15 00:35.45
PDR14 00:37.51
PDR13 01:18.07
PDR12 01:17:62

You can almost ignore the partial seconds above, given my less-than-acute response time on the stopwatch. In my regular editing, I never notice this much. By the time I've inserted and rearranged a few things the waveform is present, so I'm barely aware of it.

BTW, I didn't put all that blank space there.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 20. 2016 14:46

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Tony,

Thanks for running the test. But my observation was with 2 x 30 min clips placed on the timeline. In PD14 the results match yours. However, in PD15 the first clip gets audio track generation visuals but the second does not, ever. If I place that second clip into PD14 the audio waveform is shown peoperly. If I then take that second clip and use it in PD15 the waveform instantly appears whereas before it did not.

And yes, the NEW web site needs more polish. Win 10, i7
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
HD -

I repeated the test using 2 clips of ~30 min duration. In each case, there was a delay before the 2nd waveform was generated, but I couldn't replicate the "the first clip gets audio track generation visuals but the second does not, ever" issue.

If I place that second clip into PD14 the audio waveform is shown peoperly. If I then take that second clip and use it in PD15 the waveform instantly appears whereas before it did not.

That's why I deleted the waveform cache files between each test.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 20. 2016 15:54

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!