Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
General Question on Render Preview
EdE49 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 08, 2016 13:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have made several previous videos in PD 14 using mp3s on the music track without any problem. First time user of SmartSound on music track, and noticed freezing of video on playback where one SmartSound track abuts another. Reading old posts, I tried Render Preview, and everything played back perfectly in the transitional area I previewed. My general question on Render Preview is does it duplicate the rendering which will be done when I am through with the project such that I can ignore the freezes in playback while I am adding SmartSound clips? (my video and soundtrack playback just fine prior to adding the SmartSound tracks). I have my preview quality set to Normal.

Thanks for any assistance.

Ed E Ed E
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I beleive the render preview is mpeg-2 for your preview only. When go select a format, frame rate, and resolution to produce it has to render to the format you want that is different from the preview.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: My general question on Render Preview is does it duplicate the rendering which will be done when I am through with the project such that I can ignore the freezes in playback while I am adding SmartSound clips?

Yes, you can ignore. It should render smooth in your final rendered output at the output quality you specify on the "Produce" setting area. It is totally independent of "Render Preview" functionality.

As a side note, "Render Preview" does exactly as described, generates a preview resolution at the current preview quality setting. For the more common 16:9 project, for a NTSC pref setting one gets a MPEG preview of varying quality as shown below:
Low > 160x90, ~.7Mbps
Normal > 320x180, ~2.5Mbps
High > 640x360, ~7Mbps
HD > 1280x720, ~17Mbps
Full HD > 1920x1080, ~18Mbps

Jeff