Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDR13 -- suddenly cannot burn DVD or .iso unless I use Menu -- error code eA001000D
goodguy309 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 18, 2015 09:03 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
I am going nuts. I was able to burn DVDs without a menu just this morning but after the first time I tried to burn an .iso at the same time, now I can't burn either a DVD or an iso image unless I use a menu.

I applied the latest patch yesterday 13.0.3516.0 whereas the last patch was 3130.

I have a suspicion there's a bug in the last patch.

I went back to patch 3130, issue was intermittent.

Consistently stops at 90% on the Authoring process and it doesn't matter if I use the DVD drive that is in the laptop or a USB external drive.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 27. 2016 16:19

Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Same version here and I don't have a problem - just tried it. Create disc - Burn 2d - selected menu preferences and ticked the "No Menu" option and burnt to ISO and a test folder.

I do get a menu showing with "My DVD" and a single icon for the video before I finally click to go ahead and burn but I ignore that and the resulting output just plays straightaway without showing any menu. The video_TS folder only has a single .vob in it whereas I would expect a separate .vob for the menu if I had created one (I stand to be corrected on that).
goodguy309 [Avatar]
[Post New]
You are NOT going to believe this.

If you select No Menu and then go to the Burn in 2D, you'll get an error.

If you select No Menu, you MUST select 2D 'tab' before hit the Burn in 2D button!

I was burning DVDs on -RW all morning and then when I powered back up and tried to do burn more test DVDs, it wouldn't work.

It's working just fine now.

Thanks for checking it out for me.
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
I got no errors but no matter - all's well that ends wel laughing
goodguy309 [Avatar]
[Post New]
And the issue is back. I tried another project, same error eA001000D and it stops a 90% of authoring process no matter what.

I went back to the original project that worked fine just 15 minutes ago, same failure with same error.
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
If you try searching you'll find dozens of posts with similar errors. Have you tried burning to a folder and then using a third party DVD burner to create your DVD. I think that has proved succesfull for some people.
goodguy309 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the help. For some reason, if I click on the write to Folder option, I don't have an issue. When I try to just burn a DVD without a Menu, it crashes.

Crazy erratic program.
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Crazy erratic program.

smile I'm sure it's more a case of the way that the software interacts with some combinations of hardware or even the way that it has been installed in some cases. Anyway I don't think there's a definitive answer and what really matters is that you've established a way that works for you.