Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD13 FREEZES WHILE READING OR EDITING A PROJECT
Tongal68 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 25, 2013 18:34 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
I am using PDR13 Ultr Version 13.0.3516.0. My Pc has a 32gig RAM and a NVDIA GeForce GT 640 graphics card. I am having two problems with PDR13.

1. When I open a project saved on my pc for editing and I press play it starts playing but then all of a sudden it stops and comes up with the message: 'PDR13.exe has stopped working' and asking me to send this error report to Cyberlink. I could open the same project again and it works ok!

2. While editing and playing a project it freezes on one clip but the sound keeps going as if it is playing normally. I end up having to exit the program and start again. This seems to happen somtimes when I have applied the stabiliser to a clip; once I remove the stabiliser it works ok. I noticed this also sometimes happens when I apply the reverse video function plus the stabiliser to a clip.

Can anyone come up with a solution to this problem, please.

Thanks.

Tongal68
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
If you have the Geforce Experience installed with the latest Nvidia driver then try uninstalling it. See this link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/47330.page#246610 .

Let us know if this solves the problem.
Tongal68 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi tomasc,

Thanks for your quick response.

I uninstalled Geforce Experience and played the video without any problems. Then I opened another project (part 2 of the video) and the problem reared its head again. It stopped between two clips but the sound kept playing. So, I unapplied the stabiliser from the first clip and the video played ok! I just cannot figure out how the stabiliser can be a problem on one clip when it is applied to almost all the other clips in the project!

Tongal68
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
What sort of CPU - GPU ...... etc...

Looks like lotsa RAM! But is any of the other computer's processing characteristics under powered?

CS

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 26. 2016 19:06

PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
Tongal68 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the response.

Processor = Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Win 8.1 64 bit operating system
Total graphics memory 8927MB
Main memory 2TB with 1 TB free

I have just recently upgraded from PD13 to PD14, so I don't know if this will help sort out my problem.

Tongal68