Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ION Video 2 Go not detected as a "Source"
ManInFrontOfPC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 01, 2015 18:18 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have updated my OS to MS Win 10 and reinstalled Cyber link Power Director. The version I have is PD8. Since updating the OS PD 8 does not detect the ION Video 2 Go as a source.

It does not even detect the Web CAM. Both are installed with drivers correctly and show up as before (under win 7) in the device manager (see pictures).

Any ideas how to force the webcam/Video2go as sources?

I have tried updating to PD11 and same result, but PD11 seems to prevent editing some video formats that PD8 used to allow so I have gone back to PD8.
[Thumb - Video2go.JPG]
 Filename
Video2go.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Shows Web cam & Video 2 go in device manager
 Filesize
76 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
624 time(s)
[Thumb - Video2godriver.JPG]
 Filename
Video2godriver.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Shows Video2go device detected and working by windows
 Filesize
32 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
331 time(s)
Mark
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
See this link for info: http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/window10-updates-center/enu/index.jsp#rangeWin10 . You may have to roll back to your previous OS.
ManInFrontOfPC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the link. I have tried that and it does not list PD8 as an issue. Interestingly it lists 3 other Cyberlink products:

• Power DVD 12.0

• Media Show 5.0

• Power2Go 6.1

With a total cost to upgrade of £116

Power Director was not listed as an issue.

MS win 10 Compatibility Tool did not list any of my Cyberlink products as an issue or my ION Video2Go video capture tool.

I am now more confused - the apps that Cyberlink say I should update actually seem to work okay and detect the devices etc. (DVDs play and the Rewriter is dected as a device it can use for output)

An application that is not detected as having an issue, Power Director, is not working! To update to the latest PD is about £55 and I have no guarantee that this will detect the Video2Go capture device - it might be an issue with the H/W, but again the MS Compatibility tool did not report it as an issue - and yes, it was plugged in when I ran the tool.

I repeat the question - is there a way of manually configuring PD to use the ION Video capture H/W as a source?

I can get a replacement Win 10 Video Capture device for less than the cost of the PD update and then will have a guaranteed solution. I don't like it, but perhaps this is what I need to do. Mark
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You would need a Windows 10 compatable driver for your ION Video capture H/W.

Powerdirector needs a Windows based Driver to see the Video Capture Device. There may not be a driver for Windows 10 for that device.

The only place you might find one is on the ION Video Capture Device manufacturer's website.

If you have software that came with the device that captures a video and works in Windows 10, then use that. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ManInFrontOfPC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Okay, thanks for the help. Found a version of PD9 on the ION website that solves my problem.
Not sure if this is a "special", but it solves all my problems. I am still using the same ION driver and I have not updated my webcam driver and both now work.

CyberLink gave me an 'upgrade' to PD11 and this still wouldn't see the ION capture H/W or webcam AND this version of PD stopped supporting some of the video formats I use - PD11 to the bin.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 02. 2016 16:51

Mark
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Does your Ion capture in anything other than MPG or Windows AVI? My intention is to use PD to capture if I can force it to use other AVI codecs, which are only found in 32bit PD. May I ask, you...does your 32 bit PD9 (if it is 32, not 64 version) allow for other compressors in the capture UI? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT