Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Theme Designer
Scotty1967 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 08, 2013 14:29 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Can anyone tell me why the Wedding Album in Theme Designer opens the wrong way?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 12. 2015 03:41

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Tony, you're a real crack-up!laughing

But could you turn your post around so we can read it, pleeeeaaaasssseeee????
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It took just a minute to read Tony's post correctly. By holding a mirror next to the screen and looking at the mirror it make sense.

Don't know when Cyberlink got into the consumer video editing buisness. Long before that I used what's available and continue that trend. Today I can pretty much simulate what to do in PD to open a book from right to left. You have to be creative. In taiwan, school books open from right to left. Chinese text are written left to right, top to bottom as in western books and text since about Year 2004. See this link on the Layout paragraph: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Written_Chinese and this one: https://www.quora.com/When-did-Chinese-begin-being-written-left-to-right . It seem to me that the old programmers that started the buisness are from the old school and the younger programmers don't dare to challenge them.

The reviews of PD and sales has been high so I see no incentive for them to change anything.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 12. 2015 16:33

Scotty1967 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank's Tony and Tomasc for your replys. You would think that it would not take the programmers very long to rectify this problem as it would look much better when you produce a Wedding video if the book opened the correct way. Maybe they will look at this when they bring out their next edition of PowerDirector.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Once you've used PD for a while you'll quickly realize that evolution of the app takes years to correct simple goof ups. Hang in there. Win 10, i7
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
My apologies if my reverse post above was a bit culturally insensitive.

I started digging through the .xml files in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\Creative Design Pack\Wedding Pack\Styles\WeddingAlbum, thinking there might be something that could be modified. I very quickly ran out of xml-ability!

I did, however, find a workaround of sorts & it only involved 278 extra steps! laughing

1. Flip all videos horizontally and pre-produce

2. Flip all photos

3. Open Theme Designer and insert all the flipped videos and photos in the Wedding Album template, making sure to remove any text

4. Produce the video

5. Insert the produced file, flip it left to right, then produce again.

... but I neglected to fix the "True Love" graphic embarassed

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 12. 2015 13:53

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Tony you are truly the best graphics contributor and an expert PD user on this forum. Always finding an idea or workaround for others that works. We can see why users continue to post issues here instead of trying tech support.

I have posted this issue in the Suggestion for PD15 sticky.
ynotfish
[Post New]
You're very kind, tomasc, but I don't have any issues with kindness laughing

We all do our bit. I'm just thankful there are such technically talented people in the forum to plug the gaps in my own development!

Cheers - Tony
Scotty1967 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks again Tony. I will give your sugestion a try.
Scotty1967 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tried your sugestion and it worked perfect. Thanks again for your help. I think that Cyberlink should employ you.