Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slides appear blank.
JerryA [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Dec 17, 2014 18:00 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
2 issues, same outcome.
1 - my timeline comprises titles, videos and JPEG pics and audio. Seemingly random JPEG pics "switch off" in as much as I can still see them in the library, and in miniature on the timeline, but when the clip is played (separately or in movie mode) the screen is blank for the pics duration. If I delete the pic from the timeline, and drop it back in, same thing, blank. And it has affected numerous pics. i have mixed luck in resolving this by deleting the pic from the media library and importing it again from the hard drive - sometimes it resolves, other times not.

2 also, I get exactly the same issue if I try to add magic (ie zoom) to a JPEG. As soon as I try to preview it, the pic goes black (or blank).

I'm using a Sony vaio 64bit with freshly updated Nvidia drives, 4gig ram, windows 7 Intel i3 2.3 ghz laptop.

This is the second movie I have made. The first one turned out great, but it was just movie clips, titles and audio (no JPEGS)

So...can't use zoom, and intermittently loosing visibility of my jpegs.

If you have experienced this and found a way around it, I'd love to hear. It could just be that the JPEGS which are about 2meg files, are just too big for my laptop to process.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: 2 issues, same outcome.
1 - my timeline comprises titles, videos and JPEG pics and audio. Seemingly random JPEG pics "switch off" in as much as I can still see them in the library, and in miniature on the timeline, but when the clip is played (separately or in movie mode) the screen is blank for the pics duration.

This may be a renderer setting problem. Change the registry setting from VMR7 to VMR9. In your case, the
last subfolder will be "PowerDirector13" instead of "PowerDirector11." If you need a more descriptive explanation, just ask.

[Thumb - 2.jpg]
 Filename
2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
192 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
213 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Dec 17. 2014 19:12

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
You may have fallen prey to the FADE-in-out bug.
Click on one of your "black" photos.
MODIFY button will appear over the timelines.
Scroll down the menu until you get to the FADES control.
Click it ON and OFF.
Your image should appear.
Also be sure to use the latest build of PD.
I think Brother Borgus1 might be astray on this one, though he is a SOLID member of the forum. Of course, I might be the one whose wr...wr...wr...wrong here, myself!
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/41443.page link to issue thread.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 17. 2014 21:12

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Quote: 2 issues, same outcome.
1 - my timeline comprises titles, videos and JPEG pics and audio. Seemingly random JPEG pics "switch off" in as much as I can still see them in the library,

See this thread, if the error is related that you have, I think your case is resolved in this beta update, v. 2403.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/41669.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 17. 2014 22:30

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
JerryA [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for quick response, borgus1. I amended the registry setting from VMR7 to VMR9, rebooted, but no resolution. I do have a faster desktop PC (but not sure if PowerDirector13) utilizes quad core. Not even sure if this is a number crunching issue, but I'll fire up the PCI and try shuffling the media over to that machine and see if it works. (I don't have any problems applying zoom to the example JPEGS that came with the program so it is a bit mystifying).
In any case, I appreciate your advice.
Regards
jerryA
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jerry -

As Barry & Playsound mentioned, there was an issue with media appearing to be set to 0% opacity (i.e. blank) which was corrected with the most recent beta patch - 2403

Have you installed it? If not, the download details are here 0 http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/41669.page#214830

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
JerryA [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you BarryTheCrab. For some spooky reason, this worked. Ticking the Fade master box, and not even selecting a fade in our out option did the trick. I'm sending a virtual bottle of beer your way, I hope you virtually enjoy it.
Borgus1, I'm going to grab a copy of that patch.
Gentlemen, my sincere thanks to you.
Regards
JerryA
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the beer.
Virtual "burp". HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Now I get a small PNG (of a bow-tie) that, although it's clearly present in the timeline, simply will NOT reappear using the workaround, or anything else.
So, I replace it and start over with the motion path to get where I was before.
Honest-to-God, this program sometimes makes me want to switch to another NLE, it's so blasted annoying with it's NUMEROUS SCREW-UPS.
I mean, whose got the extra time to fix these quirks over and over and over?
Again, just venting about something that can't be addressed here.
All I want for PD 14, is PD 13, but it all works as advertised. Sometimes being an "MVP" means telling the truth, not being a fan-boy.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 27. 2014 18:49

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
JerryA [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sounds like somebody needs a hug, BarryTheCrab.
Yes, even as a brand newbie I have found PD is a bit of a love/hate affair. I made a slide show years ago with Proshow but this time, when I looked to buy a current product, Proshow Producer was so much more expensive, PD was a no brainer. And since Im not fussed about too many transitions, PD is perfect for me (in a very imperfect way).
You mention being an MVP - ???
I hope Cyberlink read the forums to get a feel for the bugs their unpaid testers are finding for them. Don't get me wrong, I really like PD, but it is frustrating. Like the Titler slide that, when you add your text and close the Title edit window, it returns you to your desktop rather than PD.
Good luck in sorting your issue BarryTheCrab.
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
I'll take a handshake Jerry!
Yeah, love/hate affair, sometimes it feels that way. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure if CyberLink will read this thread so I've passed on Barry's feedback for them to "digest" with or without beer or a hug.
Dafydd