Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Error Code : 0xeb020b9c
Mike [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2008 09:12 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Still looking for help on this. Power2Go 5.5 is having trouble trying to write to dvd. I am tying to make a copy of a non-protected dvd and it appears to be writing to the disc, but at about 97% finished I get this message. Does anyone know what this means and how to fix it. Apparently, the problem is with the Power2Go program since another program I downloaded (trial version) does write to completion. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Mike
Don [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 29, 2008 13:10 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
sorry for not getting right back to you in the other topic, as I had a major problem with my PC ( had to reinstall my windows OS.)

So far I am led to believe it might be a codec error, however I do have a couple questions

when this happens are you trying to burn movies in DVD format ( to watch on a DVD player) or are you just trying to burn videos to watch on your computer ? ( storing them on the DVDs to watch )

2 can you still watch movie DVDs on your computer?
Not one you recorded, but pre recorded videos that you have bought

what utility do you have to watch the pre recorded DVDs?

I know my wouldn't even play the pre recorded DVDs I tried two video players ( before reinstalling windows )and I got a "pop up" box on both of them saying that I was missing a certain codec which would make science that if we are trying to burn a DVD movie file onto a DVD it would need that codec to encode it on the DVD.

keep in mind this is just a wild guess here , as I cannot work on this right away do to another situation ( that I am waiting to hear from the support team on)

OH just for the record I bought and installed a new DVD cd rw drive and so far seems to work OK (as far as recognizing the DVDs and Cd's
Mike [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2008 09:12 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for your response.

My problem, I think, has been resolved. At least I was finally able to finish copying a dvd (one)and it played on my computer. I have not tryed to play it on a dvd player yet.

I worked it out with the support techs at Cyberlink. Apparently, it was a conflict of some sort. As they had me try many things at the same time, I am not sure which change solved the problem. Just guessing, but I would think it was either slowing down the burning speed by changing my virtual memory, disabling my anti-spyware program (Windows Defender) which they actually wanted me to uninstall.

Thanks again, I will post if the dvd plays on a player.

Mike Mike