CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DZL File What and How?
Reply to this topic
dukeofdata
Newbie Private Message Location: Rochester, NY, USA Joined: May 03, 2014 14:11 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I've downloaded several "Frames" and received a .dzl file. What is it and how can I use it to get the frames into YouCam? Thank you. Rick
PIX
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Sep 21, 2011 00:02 Messages: 2028 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Rick -

Welcome to the DZ forum

Are you sure it's a DZL file? Most of the effects I've seen for YouCam are DZPs

In any case, what you do with them is the same. If you've downloaded and saved the file, just double clic on it and it should be available to use in YouCam.

If you selected "Open with..." rather than "Save" it should have already installed itself.

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
dukeofdata
Newbie Private Message Location: Rochester, NY, USA Joined: May 03, 2014 14:11 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, PIX. If I download a frame one at a time, I get the .dzp file and once it is saved, a double click installs it for use by YouCam. If I download more than one file at a time, a .dzl file is created. Once saved and double clicked, Windows is asking what program I want to use to open it. Rick
PIX
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Sep 21, 2011 00:02 Messages: 2028 Offline
[Post New]
I'm sorry.

I had no idea you could download multiple effects from DirectorZone at once. Did you download them from DZ?

Could you please post a screenshot of the DZL file? This is a mystery to me, but I'm happy to work through it.

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
dukeofdata
[Post New]
Here is the file:

Filename
20140513.dzl
[Disk]
 Description
DZL File
 Filesize
264 bytes
 Downloaded:
240 time(s)
Rick
PIX
[Post New]
Thank you for the DZL file, Rick.

At least it showed us there's no great mystery to solve (except how you were able to download multiple effects from DZ).

When I opened it, it installed without any problem. You can just double click or use "Open with..."
- even though Windows says "DirectorZone Menu" it's actually installed by "Effect Extractor"

Your DZL file installed 3 frames (thumbnails below) which immediately appeared in YouCam's & PowerDirector's libraries.

PIX
[Thumb - DZL Install.png]
 Filename
DZL Install.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
428 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
702 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 14. 2014 17:41

PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
dukeofdata
[Post New]
Thank you very much, PIX. With the info you provided, I got it to work.

To download multiple templates, click on the "Select" box.

This will cause small white boxes to appear on the template thumbnails.

Click on the boxes in the templates you want to download, and then click on the download icon. Hope this helps.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 14. 2014 21:26

Rick
PIX
[Post New]
Thanks Rick. That's cleared that up. No wonder they call you the Duke of Data

I'm not surprised I'd not seen that option previously because it appears only to be available when you're logged in and looking at your own templates. Logged in as PIX, I can do multiple downloads from my own account, but not other users.

I'm pleased you were able to get your templates installed. Thanks again for the education

PIX
[Thumb - DZ_Multiple DL.jpg]
 Filename
DZ_Multiple DL.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
113 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
679 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 14. 2014 22:41

PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
ijaz8883
[Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Sep 20, 2017 01:58 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Please let me know, I want to ask how to download effects .dzl after downloading .dzl file. because I have no internet at that PC where Power Director is installed. Is there any way to download offline effects contained in .dzl so that I may install them in another PC where Internet is not available. Thanks Ijaz Mustafa Bhatti
Pakistan
Reply to this topic