Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
WORKAROUND FOR FAILURE TO WRITE TO PHYSICAL DISC ERROR
videoMike [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2013 20:18 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
If I save an image of a produced BD/DVD instead of burning it through the program, exactly which files should be copied to anther burning program to be burned to the Blu-ray disc in order to get a disc which can be played with all of its menus on a Blu-ray player (i.e. not just the file of the produced video)?
theresa1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2013 23:12 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I always burn them as folder. For DVD, I then use DVD Shrink to convert it to an iso file, then use ImgBurn or DVD Decrypter to burn it on to a disc. For Blu-ray, I use DVDFab to convert it to iso, then use ImgBurn to burn.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I believe that ImgBurn will burn the folder set to a disc (all kinds) without the intermediate step. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
videoMike [Avatar]
[Post New]
When burning the folder, in order to get a fully functional Blu-ray disc, exactly which files do I copy to the disc? I tried just the one large file that contains the video, but the onscreen menus for a Blu-ray player were not there, and I could only play the contents of the production on a computer drive.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: When burning the folder, in order to get a fully functional Blu-ray disc, exactly which files do I copy to the disc? I tried just the one large file that contains the video, but the onscreen menus for a Blu-ray player were not there, and I could only play the contents of the production on a computer drive.

What pr4ogram were you using to burn the disc? ImgBurn is smart enough to tell you what you are missing. Just load the entire folder. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
videoMike,

For a Blu-Ray folder created by PD you can just burn with typical Windows 7 OS via explorer drag and drop. WIN7 by default supports UDF2.5 (Blu-Rays required format) so just drag the contents of PD's "My Video" folder, folders "CERTIFICATE" and "BDMV" to the disc. Play in Blu-Ray capable player, PS3 or others. For a utility like ImgBurn, simply select the "My Video" folder in the add folders area and ImgBurn will figure it out from there.

Jeff
videoMike [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you. I'll try that.
videoMike [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you, Jeff. I have Windows 7. I tried it and it worked well.