CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MoovieLive Suggestion Box - Please Contribute :)
Reply to this topic
PIX
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Sep 21, 2011 00:02 Messages: 1792 Offline
[Post New]
Forum Members,

Please contribute any suggested features or improvements to MoovieLive in this thread.

The team at CL is always trying to improve their products. Members suggestions will be welcomed.

Thank you in advance for your contribution

PIX
[Thumb - MVL_Sugg.png]
 Filename
MVL_Sugg.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
35 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1087 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 31. 2014 00:47

PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
Neil.F.1955
[Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Australia (Port Stephens area, NSW) Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1293 Offline
[Post New]
PIX wrote: Forum Members,

Please contribute any suggested features or improvements to MoovieLive in this thread.

The team at CL is always trying to improve their products. Members suggestions will be welcomed.

PIX
I think you might need to be a bit more specific in what you're after by way of suggestions. Over to you, Pix.
PIX
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Sep 21, 2011 00:02 Messages: 1792 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Neil,

There is no preconceived notion about what members might suggest. This space is simply provided in case members want to put forward an idea related to MoovieLive.

I'm afraid there is no answer to your question.

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
Neil.F.1955
[Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Australia (Port Stephens area, NSW) Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1293 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Pix! Fair enough but a word on the intent of Moovielive might be in order. What's Moovielive meant to be? Is it a discussion forum on tricks to use in creating videos?, If so, then my step-by-step explanation of how to appear and disappear like a ghost might be a candidate for this forum. Is this forum to discuss feature movies seen recently? This is what I'm trying to ascertain. Then, and only then can I make pertinent suggestions.
Cheers for now!
JoySLeigh
Newbie Private Message Location: Florida Joined: Oct 04, 2014 19:16 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all - new to Cyberlink, and MoovieLive - and I would like the opportunity to see the end result of a submiited update when prompted to enter movie details by the program. I updated Fast & Furious - Tokyo Drift, and when completed (saved/submitted), it disappeared, and I have no idea what it looks like now. How can I find my input and where is this input stored? Thanks! Renée Michelle
Neil.F.1955
[Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, JoySleigh! This title, "Fast & Furious - Tokyo Drift", is it a movie(video clip) you yourself have created?. If so it should still be(in its completed form) sitting on your computer's hard-drive. Which Power Director are you using? You may be able to get some help logging in to one of the forum threads to do with your PD programme. Cheers for now!
Neil.
JoySLeigh
Newbie Private Message Location: Florida Joined: Oct 04, 2014 19:16 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Neil,

It is a movie, a DVD I watched using CyberLink Power DVD 12. When the movie was over, the program MoovieLive?) prompted me for info that was missing from its databank. When I finished adding all the required fields it prompted me to fill in, the program closed (MoovieLive), and I logged in to the site, but didn't see any history of the movie in my account, or the info I added. Renée Michelle
Neil.F.1955
[Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, JoySleigh! As you were watching a commercially-made DVD through the Power DVD programme, I'm at a loss to suggest any channel by which you can find out what happened to the data you submitted or where it went. I can only suggest you try one of the other forum pages. I think there is a forum page related to Power DVD 12, you might try that one and pose your question there. Good Luck!
Cheers! Neil
RKEP71
[Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Feb 27, 2014 01:13 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
PIX wrote: Forum Members,

PIX
Your movie info and covers "really sucks". I constantly find missing info, wrong info and when you try adding a movie to the database the wrong images appear.

1. Instead of linking just the title, a option to use the IMDb id, e.g tt2172934 (3 Days To Kill) and import all the info and cover from them. It should be consistent and correct.

2. You say you get covers from Amazon!!!??? So why when entered the covers on Amazon are not an option. If we can use these covers why not let us enter the location of the cover, which Amazon provide with a right click of the mouse on the cover. Your website should be able to link to the exact cover then.

Please cosider and advise because at the moment I find your system and the way it links to PowerDVD a real "Headache"
Neil.F.1955
[Avatar]
[Post New]
To RKEP71,

Obviously you're having some difficulty with this Director Zone website in some department, but I don't think I'm the one to help here, perhaps Daffyd Bevan(softDekko), one of the moderators may be able to help.
RKEP71
[Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Feb 27, 2014 01:13 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Neil

Thanks for the input, but please advise. I may be being thick here but what is "Director Zone website" and how to I contact Daffyd Bevan.

thanks
Neil.F.1955
[Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi RKEP71! For starters, you're already in "Director Zone" simply by connecting(logging in) to this forum. In regards to your problem(s) Daffyd Bevan will likely contact you through this thread: "MoovieLive Suggestion Box - Please Contribute" if he has anything to suggest.

Another way to get in to Director Zone is to click on an icon in your Power Director or Power DVD programme(in Power Director the sign-in icon is at top-right of your monitor screen. Click there and enter your usual particulars, email address and user password, and you're in! simple as that.
DaveF
[Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: May 30, 2016 17:15 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
MoovieLive should be abandoned and quality database used instead, such as IMDb or TheMovieDB.

PowerDVD needs a robust database connection / processor such as found in Plex or other open source systems.

PowerDVD needs a simple way for users to set cover art and edit meta-data for all movies in the library, not only movies associated with a MoovieLive entry.

PowerDVD is doing a great job at playing media. But its Library management is severely lacking.

Examples:
MoovieLive has Star Wars (Episode IV). PowerDVD won't find and use that data for "Star Wars - Episode IV - A New Hope (1997)" in my library. There are other examples, such as "Back to the Future Part II (1989)" and "Corpse Bride (1995)".

MoovieLive doesn't have "Back to the Future Part III". How is it possible for a movie database to not have Steven Spielberg's movies?

PowerDVD presents international data from MoovieLive, when changing info, even when the original American info is available. "A Beautiful Mind" shows the Chinese data in the change movie info interface, but the English info is in the database. This is not the desired user interface.

MoovieLive is missing data. While the original French version "amelie fern montmartre" is in the database, the English version for "Amelie" is missing. In other cases, I've found Chinese entries for American movies, but not the original American release.

In setting up a new library, I think 30% of the movies aren't found. Sometimes MOovieLive doesn't have the data. Sometimes, MoovieLive has the data but PowerDVD won't use. And sometimes PowerDVD grabs the wrong info.

Finally, PowerDVD doesn't understand multiple-disc releases, like The Lord of the Rings or Schindler's List.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 31. 2016 10:02

DaveF
[Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: May 30, 2016 17:15 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
Also, I get many wrong associations of movies with one specific film: "[Rec] 2 (2009)"
http://www.moovielive.com/movie/movie_info.do?discSetId=71649®ionLanguage=en_us

"Back to the Future Part II (1989)" keeps getting associated with this horror film. In my library, it appears that if MoovieLive thinks there's a match but can't find it, it uses [Rec] 2. It's obnoxious.
Reply to this topic