Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yellow line gone! That one solved!
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]

Success!

The yellow (and sometimes pink) line seems to be gone. How?
By following optodata’s advice and uninstalling the NVidia 3D Vision Driver
(and 3D Vision Controller Driver which will NOT EVER be installed again) which optodata suggested in the thread

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/32496.page

Wow! That did it!

I can now use PD 12 beyond a very basic way....BUT, there are still problems for the program on this rig of mine, especially in PiP Designer. I have tried out a few things, and there is still un-natural chopping of the scrubber and quite strange behaviour in PiP Designer. Multicam etc I haven’t tried yet, and I suspect PiP will have an even harder time if I should apply any effects.
Produced .mp4 is fine, with/without “open CL” with/without hw encoder. Same time; 37sec to produce 49 sec. Remember, no transitions or “plastered” effects.

I made a video showing in real time (hence the length of the video) what happens when I use
PiP Designer. It’s not how it should be. It should be fluent, somewhat quick, and one shouldn’t have to to move scrubber in there to the beginning every time. Display shows up black, and you clearly see how PD struggles to display the items and move them.
Still things to make right.

( Laptop: Asus G750JX / Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M / Win 8.1).

If anyone is interested, you'll find it here:

http://youtu.be/ykQDXk8mhOU

Thank you, everyone who stayed with me this last week.

Nina

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Great news Nina!

... and kudos to optodata, JL_JL, everyone else & you for working through it.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - OMG Solved.png]
 Filename
OMG Solved.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
190 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
426 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 20. 2014 18:23

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
1Nina - I'm really happy we were able to get rid of the nagging yellow/pink line problem! I know that you had tried many things and I'm glad I was able to contribute a piece of information that resolved the issue

I also know that some Win8.1 users are seeing some significant delays when using certain editor functions. If you have any of the excellent Pixelan plugins, you'll probably find that it takes 13-17 seconds for the effect or transition's control panel to open. Michael from Pixelan had me run a couple of tests, and we found that the delay was definitely in PD12/Win8.1 and not with the plug-ins or their controls.

I have since been informed that Cyberlink is aware of the issue, and it seems like this may be related to the delays you're seeing. Hopefully this will be addressed in an upcoming Beta or full release.

For me, solving this nagging delay would be great and would make the editing experience more fluid, but putting an end to the random unlinking of audio/video clips would be the best thing that could happen.

It appears that the unlinking problem, which includes broken clips that are still displayed as intact but can't be edited using any of the menu bar tools, is related to 50fps or 60 fps project settings. If you can live with 24, 25 or 30fps you should be immune from this incredibly frustrating glitch.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Excellent!

I have never installed the 3D Vision thing so it didn't even occur to me that this could have been the culprit.

Quote: I also know that some Win8.1 users are seeing some significant delays when using certain editor functions. If you have any of the excellent Pixelan plugins, you'll probably find that it takes 13-17 seconds for the effect...

Hmm.. never experienced this issue with my Pixelan plugins, even on my slower laptop. Win 8.1 x64 Pro has been very solid for me with anything I have thrown at it. (I have tweaked things a bit though- and using an SSD is one of the best hands down cost / performance upgrades I ever did. Worth the high cost I paid for my SSDs.)

Quote: ... putting an end to the random unlinking of audio/video clips would be the best thing that could happen.

It appears that the unlinking problem, which includes broken clips that are still displayed as intact but can't be edited using any of the menu bar tools, is related to 50fps or 60 fps project settings. If you can live with 24, 25 or 30fps you should be immune from this incredibly frustrating glitch.

Yep - a right pain since the majority of filming / editing I do is 60p.

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
I have (also) been informed CL is now looking in to and working with
the issues related to Win 8.1 - and the GTX 700 cards.
I am pleased my screen capture

http://youtu.be/ykQDXk8mhOU

apparently did some good in the attempt to display/verify some of the issues.
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com