Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio/Video sync in PowerDirector 9
140Entertainment [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2014 20:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hey folks...I have a question regarding synching audio and video from two separate files. I'm working on a project where the audio files are recorded separately and am having a very difficult time synching them up...is there a tutorial I can watch/read, or is there a particular function I can use to help me with this? Prior to now, the audio/video was included in the same file...this is the first time I've worked with separate files in this manner.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions!!

Mike
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I'm afraid that I'm not going to offer much in the way of hope. Since you did the video recording with some type of camcorder and then copied or captured the video to your computer, things like dropped frames and just little electrical hiccups can change the length of the video by even just a few frames. You would not even notice those.

The audio might be less prone to hiccups but things like the difference in the distance from the video recording to the audio recording come into play.

What you are asking to do may not be possible.

How far off is the sync - is it the same amount throughout or does it start in sync and then go out as you play the tape?

Have you produced the best effort to a file and then play that file on your computer. Sometimes that gives you a real idea of how far off it will be when you are finished.

There are a couple of things to try depending on how far off the sync is.

1) You can cut the video and the audio into sections so that when the sync is off, you can realign.
2) You can slow down the video (or speed it up) to try to get the sync back into place.

Perhaps other can offer more suggestions. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
140Entertainment [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2014 20:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
The sync is only off by a about a second or so. I have tried to manually move the track in the editor, but cannot get precise enough movement to place it where I need it.

It's becoming a bit frustrating, especially after reading so many times where people suggest recording to a separate source to avoid any noise the camera itself makes. We tried this suggestion and now can't match up the audio. Perhaps PowerDirector just doesn't have precise enough control over track placement and I need to use something else? I don't know what else to do at this point. I can't leave it as-is.

Thanks for your help!
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Did you expand the timeline out as far as it will go; you should be able to get it almost to frame by frame display. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.