Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Mic isn't working anymore just on PowerDirector
dcmilk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 20, 2013 01:49 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I use a Blue Yeti mic and it isn't working with PowerDirector 11/12 anymore since I upgraded to Windows 8.1. I had PowerDirector 11 and the mic has always worked but I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and now PD no longer recognizes the mic "sort of". When I am at the editing screen and click the mic tab it only shows the built in mic. If I go to capture and to the mic tab it shows the blue yeti is plugged in but if I hit record it starts to record but no audio is recorded and I can't stop the recording or close the program, I have to go through task manager to close it. If I go to settings from the mic capture screen and click the audio device tab it doesn't show the yeti mic. I decided to upgrade to PD 12 hoping it would fix the problem since it was optimized for Windows 8.1 but still having the exact same problem. Any help would be appreciated.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Have you looked at the Yeti site to see if there are new drivers for the mic? Go here:
http://cdn.bluemic.com/pdf/yetipro/YetiPro_Driver_Windows8.pdf

It seems like a lot of people are having issues with W8 and 8.1 regarding audio and perhaps some other hardware.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2013 12:41

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
dcmilk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 20, 2013 01:49 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I will give this a try. Where did you find the drivers at. These are for the Blue Yeti Pro. I have the Blue Yeti. Don't know if there is a difference other than the pro has an xlr connection and usb. Also I talked with Blue and they said it is something in the PD program because the mic works in other programs and the computer is recognizing it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2013 12:51