Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 12 and NVIDIA 331.65 drivers
[Post New]
Hello,first of all i would like to say that i am using your program (powerdirector) for several years and i haven't had a single problem..Now though,i have installed PowerDirector 12 and updated my graphics card drivers to 331.65 (my driver card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX650),and i have encountered a rendering problem.Whatever video,no matter the format,or duration(even the prefixed videos) keep rendering every single second. It is very frustrating and i would like to ask if anyone has got the same problem,if there is a fix for this,or what should i do in order to stop it from rendering.. My PC is more than capable of handling the program (AMD FX 8350,16GB RAM,1GB GDDR5 GTX650). Thanks for the support..
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

Yes, same problem with similar PC set up - resolved by rolling back to previous NVIDIA driver and all fine now (see my input 3rd post down)

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30461.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 30. 2013 15:56

Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there -

I'm running the Nvidia 331.65 driver on both PCs (GTX260 & GTX 680), but without the unwanted/involuntary rendering issue.

The issue has been reported many times in the forum
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30320.page and many more...

Which build of PD12 are you running? You may need to roll back to the previous GPU driver.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
First of all,i would like to say thank you for your support.. I tried the unchecking on hardware accelaration,but still rendering every second. I am running the latest version,i have also installed the patch found in the website,but nothing.How do i roll back on a previous driver,and is it safe? Do you know if there is going to be a patch in order to fix this in the future,or we are stuck like this? thank you..
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
I did a Windows system restore to a point before the driver update installed, (which happened to be when had installed Windows 8.1, so not the most straightforward operation) others here may have a better suggestion to rollback the driver itself?

New driver appears to be causing several different issues so assume some solution will come, at the moment am just rejecting the NVIDIA update messages.

Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
[Post New]
Oh,ok. Thank you for the answer. If there is a simpler way to roll back the GPU drivers i'd appreciate it.

Update 1: I have done a little research in nvidia forums,and they say to roll back drivers through the control panel.The only thing is,i can't do a roll back through there,because it hasn't got any previous versions of the GPU driver stored.So,if any other solution is available,please post it. Thank you

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 30. 2013 18:57

borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Update 1: I have done a little research in nvidia forums, and they say to roll back drivers through the control panel. The only thing is,i can't do a roll back through there, because it hasn't any previous versions of the GPU driver stored.

Install an earlier driver...
http://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 30. 2013 23:45

Bhajje
Senior Member Location: France - Orléans Joined: Feb 06, 2011 11:30 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
Same issue with PD12 2209 (Fixed), running under Win 8.1.

It seems this driver doesnt work only if PD12 is installed under Win 8.1.

Rolling back previous level of the driver is a temporary solution. Jean-Paul

i7-4770K 3.50 GHz, Nvidia GTX 960 2 Go, SSD 500 Go, RAM 32 Go
Win 10 64 bits, DirectorSuite 365
[Post New]
I have got Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.
Is it really that simple? Don't i have to unistall the currrent nvidia driver? And what version of drivers should i download? What is the latest working one?
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
I am using Win 8.1 Pro x64 with the previous Nvidia 331.58 & PD 12 with patch 2109 without any issues.

It is not that difficult to roll back your Nvidia driver- just uninstall from Control panel.
Your system will auto re-install an older version of Nvidia that it thinks originally came with your system.
(Provided you didn't nuke the settings from your system.)

The system might also default to your CPU's built in display which is nothing to worry about.
After that is done you can manually update to whatever Nvidia driver version you want. It should prompt you to do so in some instances.

You can then install update patch 2109 for PD 12 (not patch 2209 obviously until the official fix is released.)

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
The issue has been replicated by CyberLink R & D (I'm told on a W8 set up) and they are investigating the issue further.
Dafydd
Forum Moderator
[Post New]
So what about my problem in windows 7? Is it going to be fixed as well,or i should proceed with the driver roll back. And if it is fixed,how much time do you reckon before the patch comes out? Thank you very much!
[Post New]
I suggest you to use previous version of driver.
Actually nVidia causes this kind of problem last year when I used PowerDirector 11, now it looks like they mess something up again. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
[Post New]
I am downloading the newest patch,released today,and hopefully this will fix my problem.
borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I suggest you to use previous version of driver.
Actually nVidia causes this kind of problem last year when I used PowerDirector 11, now it looks like they messed something up again.

Seems that NVidia releases drivers every few weeks. If one's system is operating well there's no compelling reason to upgrade.
As mentioned in the PD11 forum, the 313.65 driver does not play well with that edition of PowerDirector. 313.58 also has issues.
Earlier driver incarnations may perform better for some users.
[Post New]
Update: Aften installing the latest patch,my problem isn't fixed.
Because i think,downgrading drivers is a dangerous process,i will stop using this software. I hope that a solution will be found.
borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Update: Aften installing the latest patch,my problem isn't fixed.
Because I think,downgrading drivers is a dangerous process, I will stop using this software.

As you wish; one must be comfortable with their choices. And there's no guarantee it's the fix.

Yet video driver installation has become routine, whether they be the latest or earlier versions.
Even a reboot often isn't required. If problems arise, Windows PCs provide a roll-back feature

Both an install and a rollback were implemented here this week without incident, on an 8.1 O/S.

geoffdown1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: somewhere in Devon,England Joined: Oct 29, 2013 04:45 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Update: Aften installing the latest patch,my problem isn't fixed.
Because i think,downgrading drivers is a dangerous process,i will stop using this software. I hope that a solution will be found.
hi just to let u know I had same problem rolled back to driver 331.58 and all is well back to speedy video editing and my games still play sweet I have also installed the new pd12 update which at first didn't fix the problem until I rolled back the driver hope this helps Director suite 2
win 8.1
msi cx61 laptop
i7 haswell 4702MQ @2.2GHz
8GB of ram
1TB hard drive
Geforce GT 740M 2GB
Camera sony hx100v
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi eveyone,
Just an update.

CyberLink have add an FAQ about the NV issue:
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=16772

They're advising users to roll back to the previous Nvidia driver 331.58 as the current solution.

Forum Moderator
FoxMK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 04, 2013 10:37 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi eveyone,
Just an update.

CyberLink have add an FAQ about the NV issue:
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=16772

They're advising users to roll back to the previous Nvidia driver 331.58 as the current solution.

Forum Moderator

Hello! And if there will be the same problems with the next version of the new drivers from Nvidia? I have most of the programs are working well and is faster with the updated drivers. Will there be any measures other than rolling back to the old drivers?
Since everything is rolled back not a variant for me.
Sorry for the grammar, thanks.