Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
AVCHD Problem - Solved
rencat1960 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2013 18:43 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Problem solved... See the last two posts...

---------------------------------------------------------

I am a long time user of PowerDirector.

I imported two different AVCHD clips into PowerDirector 12 (Build 2109). The videos were made with two Canon VIXIA camcorders with the exact same settings and chips (see the attached Clip Properties).

When I play either video in PD12, they both play like 1080p videos.

When I move one video into the timeline, it plays perfectly. When I move the other video into the timeline, it is pixelated.

I created a quick video about the problem at the following link to hopefully illustrate the issue.

http://youtu.be/T0zO2dx_eiY (Watch in 720p Full screen to see the details)

I have used these cameras with previous versions of PD with no problem.

I am looking for some guidance. Is this a PD 12 issue?

Thanks

Renato
[Thumb - Cam1 Clip Properties.PNG]
 Filename
Cam1 Clip Properties.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Cam 1 Clip Properties
 Filesize
141 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
117 time(s)
[Thumb - Cam2 Clip Properties.PNG]
 Filename
Cam2 Clip Properties.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Cam 2 Clip Properties
 Filesize
88 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
128 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 16. 2013 18:55

RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
That's interesting.

Does you final Produce mp4 video look okay? Any pixelation?
Can you attach a 5 second clip from both Cam 1 & Cam 2 for others to test out?

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
RCataldo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 27, 2011 08:25 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
The final MP4 looks like the timeline preview and is pixelated. I loaded all the original and produced files into my Box account. The files are about 2 min long.

https://crazyforeducation.box.com/s/pab5tcp7wq118tz7or72

Feel free to test all of it...

Thanks
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Renato

I also use a Vixia and haven't ever seen this. I don't see much pixelation in my PD12 setup (also with the recent patch) with either clip, but I do see interlacing artifacts when there's motion. I loaded up the 1st clip in VLC and took a screen shot of it. Is that the kind of pixilation you see?

I also found something interesting in the media info (see the next two PNGs). VLC says that its 59.94fps while PD12 says that its 29.97! Maybe something's going on during the decoding?
[Thumb - VLC info.png]
 Filename
VLC info.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
110 time(s)
[Thumb - PD12 info.png]
 Filename
PD12 info.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
29 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
112 time(s)
[Thumb - VLC pixels.png]
 Filename
VLC pixels.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2137 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
108 time(s)

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
RCataldo [Avatar]
[Post New]
The Vixia is several years old and I have made great movies from it with PD 9,10, and 11. The Camcorder Settings (I just put a copy in the box folder) is FXP = 17 Mbps at their standard 60i. Therefore VLC is correct, but PD has always adjusted without an issue. Both Camcorders were set up exactly the same way.

The Outdoor Cam 2 file is the one that is pixelating, but only when I place it in the timeline and play it from there. When I play it directly on my PC or preview it with PD12, it looks great.

Thanks for looking.

Renato

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I just saw the Vixia settings image come in! I see what you mean in the finished MP4, but neither clip gives me any trouble in PD12. Out of curiosity, after a reboot and video driver check, does the 2nd clip pixelate when it's the only clip in the timeline, or does the 1st clip somehow break things when it's also present?

Also, does checking or clearing either of the Hardware Acceleration options have any effect - either in the preview or finished video?
[Thumb - PD12 HA.png]
 Filename
PD12 HA.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
97 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
112 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 16. 2013 00:03

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

RCataldo [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried that... rebooted, brand new project, nothing else going on and that second camera video produces the same pixelated results when it is in the timeline.

Tomorrow, I am going to reset and reformat the Camcorder I am having trouble with, shoot some new video and see if it happens again.

I presume this will be an issue for someone somewhere and I hope whatever the test results produce, diagnosing the problem can help someone else as down the road.

Renato
optodata
[Post New]
I'm not sure if reformatting the camera will help. I downloaded your .pds file, ran the clips through my setup and came up with a working MP4. You didn't post the audio track so my video doesn't have sound, but the visuals worked correctly as you can see here:

YouTube/optodata

rencat1960 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks... Just noticed that I did not put the audio file in Box (now it is there).

I tried taking another scrap video from the same camera. Same results.

I also noticed that the PD12 install did not remove PD11. I wonder if there is a conflict somewhere? Maybe removing both then just installing 12 alone would improve my output?

Checking the hardware acceleration on or off does not seem to change anything.

Renato
optodata
[Post New]
I think you should leave PD11 installed unless you need the disc space. You might lose some of the extras that came with PD11 if you uninstall it.

As for the audio clip, everything looks normal with it - it's 2 minutes long and is sampled at 44kHz, but when I play it in VLC, listen to it in PD12 or watch the finished video, I don't hear what you recorded. What on earth is going on now?

(EDIT: Now I see that it's not DD, just how the guy was talking at the beginning. I didn't realize the audio wasn't trimmed to the movie length - so it actually all looks good except for the synch. Your new scrap clip is fine in PD12 as well)

Edit#2: You said you have the same problem with a new clip from the same camera. Does a new clip from camera 1 work well like it did before?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 16. 2013 01:16

YouTube/optodata

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Your screen cap shows you are using shadow edit files - is it essential that you use them? I have never found them to be reliable over the years, and unless they are absolutely essential I highly recommend that they be turned off in preferences.

Worth a try??

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
rencat1960 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Adrian... Definitely worth the try. Turns out that with the shadow file turned off, the production of the MP4 file was as clear and crisp as the original. I uploaded a new version of the produced video (Finished Version wo Shadow Files) in my box account and anyone can compare it to the first version w Shadow Files. Huge difference.

https://crazyforeducation.box.com/s/pab5tcp7wq118tz7or72

Thanks to all for taking a look.

Renato

PS1: The MultiCam Designer in PD12 awesome...

PS2: For audio recording, I use a simple setup.. (attached) for less than $100, works great for everything from lectures to weddings. Now it easily syncs to the videos with MultiCam.
[Thumb - Sony reorder and mic.PNG]
 Filename
Sony reorder and mic.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
58 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
133 time(s)
Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
I was going to say that Sunday I loaded some clips I shoot Saturday with a Canon Vixia camcorder and did not see any problems.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17. 2013 06:51

Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
My Vimeo Channel http://vimeo.com/user3339631/videos