Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video and sound out of sync.
Photoguy45 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2012 06:04 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all,

I recently upgraded to a slightly faster but older computer. But I have been having problems with the Video and sound being out of sync.
Both in the time line and Detect Scenes. I new my computer had really bad video memory. So I got a AGP Radeon HD 3650 Card. So I can watch a full HD raw video in windows media player with no problems now. I have updated every thing I can think of. What is funny is my newer but slower computer did not have any problems with PowerDirector (version 10). coming in at 2.20GHz

just for kicks I down loaded PowerDirector (version 11) trial to see if there was any difference. It didn't have any problems in the time line with the video/sound syncing. but still had problems in Detect scenes.

My computer

Component Details Subscore Base score
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.60 GHz

Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB 5.5
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series 4.8
Gaming graphics 1275 MB Total available graphics memory 6.2
Primary hard disk 409GB Free (466GB Total) 5.9
Windows 7 Professional

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
Model MS-7312
Total amount of system memory 2.00 GB RAM
System type 32-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 2
64-bit capable Yes

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 2329 GB
Disk partition (C 409 GB Free (466 GB Total)
Media drive (D CD/DVD
Disk partition (F 718 GB Free (932 GB Total)
Disk partition (N 579 GB Free (932 GB Total)

Graphics

Display adapter type ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series
Total available graphics memory 1275 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 251 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.723.0.0
Primary monitor resolution 1440x900
DirectX version DirectX 10
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I just found it hard to follow your listing of the specs. It looks like you only have 2G of memory and very little hard drive space. To help me, would you please post Part B here?

PartB http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

Is the faster computer a new one or was it used before? If it was used, was it wiped before you got it. Did you do any maintenance on it - get rid of junk files, and defragged the hard drive?

In addition, are you seeing the out of sync issue with the preview or with a encoded file or DVD? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Photoguy45 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

I just found it hard to follow your listing of the specs. It looks like you only have 2G of memory and very little hard drive space. To help me, would you please post Part B here?

PartB http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

Is the faster computer a new one or was it used before? If it was used, was it wiped before you got it. Did you do any maintenance on it - get rid of junk files, and defragged the hard drive?

In addition, are you seeing the out of sync issue with the preview or with a encoded file or DVD?

The computer was used but rebuilt. with new hard drives. This computer can only take 2GB of Memory and I have lots of hard drive space 409 GB Free space on C and 718 GB Free on F drive.

sync issue with the preview " Both in the time line and Detect Scenes"

Filename
DxDiag report.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
255 time(s)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
You said that : "This computer can only take 2GB of Memory" Why do you say that? Is it a physical limite. Windows 32 bit should be able to use 4G of memory.

Starting from scratch

1) Are you using any video files that were used successfully in the older, slower comp[uiter.
2) If not, where did you get the new video files?
3) What settings are you using for the preview?
4) How many other programs do you have running at the same time you are working with video? Is your anti-virus active? Set it to not do a virus scan for items already on your computer. If you can't find the setting, disconnect fronm the internet and shut it down. Go to start then msconfig.exe then to the start =up tab. Uncheck any thing that is starting at boot that doesn't need to be starting. Reboot and then acknowledge that you have made changes. The free Soluto software may help you decide what can be safely removed from the boot up.
5) Update your video card drivers from here:

http://support.amd.com/us/psearch/Pages/psearch.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.5%3b2.4.1.3.14%3b2.4.1.3.15&contentType=GPU+Download+Detail&ostype=Windows+7+-+32-Bit+Edition&keywords=&items=20

6) Try taking one of the current projects and producing it to a mpg video file. Play that. You should have a player on your computer or you could use the free VLC player. Does it play OK? This may be the first rather than the last thing to try.

I just think that the lack of memory is causing video dropped frames when you try to watch it real time.

Please come back and let us know if anything fixes the problem.

Anyone else have any ideas?

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Photoguy45 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: You said that : "This computer can only take 2GB of Memory" Why do you say that? Is it a physical limite. Windows 32 bit should be able to use 4G of memory.

Starting from scratch

1) Are you using any video files that were used successfully in the older, slower comp[uiter.
2) If not, where did you get the new video files?
3) What settings are you using for the preview?
4) How many other programs do you have running at the same time you are working with video? Is your anti-virus active? Set it to not do a virus scan for items already on your computer. If you can't find the setting, disconnect fronm the internet and shut it down. Go to start then msconfig.exe then to the start =up tab. Uncheck any thing that is starting at boot that doesn't need to be starting. Reboot and then acknowledge that you have made changes. The free Soluto software may help you decide what can be safely removed from the boot up.

http://support.amd.com/us/psearch/Pages/psearch.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.5%3b2.4.1.3.14%3b2.4.1.3.15&contentType=GPU+Download+Detail&ostype=Windows+7+-+32-Bit+Edition&keywords=&items=20

6) Try taking one of the current projects and producing it to a mpg video file. Play that. You should have a player on your computer or you could use the free VLC player. Does it play OK? This may be the first rather than the last thing to try.

I just think that the lack of memory is causing video dropped frames when you try to watch it real time.

Please come back and let us know if anything fixes the problem.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Yes, that is the physical limit of the motherboard.

1) Are you using any video files that were used successfully in the older, slower computer?

I have only been using Full HD .mov files. in fact I put a short .mov file on my old computer and used PowerDirector (version 10) to detect the scenes save it then make the movie and up load it to YouTube. worked just fine. Just a pain in the ass to do.

What settings are you using for the preview

The only thing I have changed is the hardware acceleration enable AMD acceleration

I just put in video card and the latest drivers

I already said I can watch full HD .mov files with no problems in windows media player. Why doesn't it work in PowerDirector (version 10)

stevek
[Post New]
I looked at your motherboard spec and you are correct. It will take only 2g of memory. That is not enough ! That is the least possible amount that will open the program; it will not run quickly and may drop frames leading to sync problems. Have you played around with the virtual memory?

I see where that motherboard was never certified for W7; it was certified for Vista.

Have you installed the latest version of Quicktime on this faster computer.

Did you upgrade the video card and driver AFTER you posted the dxdiag file? Did you even bother to go to the web site link that I gave you? I looked before I posted that link and saw more recent drivers.

What happens if you disable hardware acceleration and do not set the preview to real time?

Playing a video file is a lot different than preparing it for editing.

Did you take a mov file and convert it to mpg2 and then play it? That would be the real test.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 08. 2013 09:06

Photoguy45 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I looked at your motherboard spec and you are correct. It will take only 2g of memory. That is not enough ! That is the least possible amount that will open the program; it will not run quickly and may drop frames leading to sync problems. Have you played around with the virtual memory?

I see where that motherboard was never certified for W7; it was certified for Vista.

Have you installed the latest version of Quicktime on this faster computer.

Did you upgrade the video card and driver AFTER you posted the dxdiag file? Did you even bother to go to the web site link that I gave you? I looked before I posted that link and saw more recent drivers.

What happens if you disable hardware acceleration and do not set the preview to real time?

Playing a video file is a lot different than preparing it for editing.

Did you take a mov file and convert it to mpg2 and then play it? That would be the real test.

Have you played around with the virtual memory?

Yes, now I have. Most of what I tried seem to make everything slower. finaly seems to work better of i let computer manage it.

Have you installed the latest version of Quicktime on this faster computer. Yes

Yes I did. the web site was down that night. But was back the next day. I down loaded and installed the newer 13.1 Drivers

as for the hardware acceleration doesn't matter weather I disable it or not I have the same problems. What is preview to real time?

Playing a video file is a lot different than preparing it for editing. OK, but you seem to for get that I have a slightly slower computer with the same amount of ram and PowerDirector (version 10) works fine.

Did you take a mov file and convert it to mpg2 and then play it? That would be the real test. I don't have any problems converting .mov files.

Anyway, after messing around with all this stuff. At least viewing the file in the time line is working now. but not in detect video.