Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 11 patch 3026 released
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Software Update Web Page:
Link: http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

Updates:
1. Supports NewBlue Video Essentials V and VI effect packs.
2. Improves scene detection accuracy.
3. Resolves program crash at aticaldd.dll module when creating Blu-ray discs with hardware encoding on some AMD graphics
card platforms.
4. Resolves green screen or broken image issue in output video when using hardware decoding.
5. Resolves green screen or broken image issue in output HDV or AVCHD video when using SVRT with NVIDIA or AMD graphics
card.
6. Resolves eC00C0005 error when burning to Blu-ray disc or SD card with menus.
7. Resolves error in the time property of library videos caused by daylight savings.
8. Resolves a malfunction when applying user-defined Magic Motion to all clips in build 2707.
9. Resolves “Encountered an improper argument” error when creating title templates with “Scroll Up” animation effect in build

1. Go to the link provided.
2. Select the 3026 Download - you only need to download the latest.
3. A dialogue popup appears.
4. Select a location to save the file onto your hard drive.
5. Download the 957kb file, CyberLink_PowerDirector_Downloader.exe
6. Once completed, select the executable file and run the downloader.
7. CyberLink Downloader displays on your desktop.
8. A Firewall access/block to the Net may also appear, allow the downloader to access the Net.
9. Select "Open File Location" and browse to create a new folder to save the data onto your computers hard drive.
10. Select OK and the 322.21MB file should start downloading.
11. The download can be interrupted using the Pause button - let the program download without interruption, is the best practice.

These are the actions for a Mozilla Firefox browser, other browsers may have differing results.

Dafydd

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 14. 2013 03:43

Bhajje
Senior Member Location: France - Orléans Joined: Feb 06, 2011 11:30 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd for this info.

For the first point - Supports NewBlue Video Essentials V and VI effect packs, I installed these Newblue Packs and they worked in PD11 before the patch.

The only thing not very fine: there was no Newblue 5 and Newblue 6 specific "chapters" in the effects room (as for Newblue 4 for exemple). The NB 5 and NB 6 effects appeared in the "chapter" Visuel, with other Cyberlink effects. See my picture.

I thought this patch will correct that. But NO. Always no specific chapters for NB 5 and NB 6.

So, I asked me: what is new in the 3026 PD11 patch for NB 5 and NB 6?

Regards
[Thumb - NB 5 and NB 6 in PD11.png]
 Filename
NB 5 and NB 6 in PD11.png
[Disk]
 Description
NB 5 and NB 6 in PD11
 Filesize
330 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
327 time(s)
Jean-Paul

i7-4770K 3.50 GHz, Nvidia GTX 960 2 Go, SSD 500 Go, RAM 32 Go
Win 10 64 bits, DirectorSuite 365
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks Dafydd for this info.

For the first point - Supports NewBlue Video Essentials V and VI effect packs, I installed these Newblue Packs and they worked in PD11 before the patch.

The only thing not very fine: there was no Newblue 5 and Newblue 6 specific "chapters" in the effects room (as for Newblue 4 for exemple). The NB 5 and NB 6 effects appeared in the "chapter" Visuel, with other Cyberlink effects. See my picture.

I thought this patch will correct that. But NO. Always no specific chapters for NB 5 and NB 6.

So, I asked me: what is new in the 3026 PD11 patch for NB 5 and NB 6?

Regards

Hi Bhajje,
Thank you for the addition on New Blue.
1. Your new Blue comment on the inclusion - valid point. I have raise your concerns with CyberLink.
2. It's up to New Blue, as a plug-in, to create the additional separate categories in the library and not PDR11. CyberLink were aware of the matter but it is up to the plug in to create and little they can do on this matter. Perhaps New Blue rebuilt the 5/6 released items, to create the categories, since you purchased them. I know the early builds supplied to CyberLink also had the same display you have. Please check with New Blue.
I hope some of that helped.
Dafydd
Bhajje
Senior Member Location: France - Orléans Joined: Feb 06, 2011 11:30 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd for your comments. I thought too that the issue was coming from NewBlue. It's the reason why I din't post on this forum.

I had some contacts with the Newblue support for several plug-ins for Cybelink I bought. One of them has been reported on this forum: Newblue Colorfast. All the function descriptions where the same: They sent me an XML file to add in the Newblue Plugin library (in PD11), and now it's working. But no new built published with the correction.

And for Newblue Essential 4, it's the same. Again, they sent me the XML file..... And no new built....

For Newblue Essential 5, it's worse. The Install software I received when I bought it din't install anything for PD11.
After contacting Newblue support, they told me to install an old built ((121114, actual: 130408 ). It's working and it's possible now to upgrade to actual built. For users installing now this plugin, they have to know that they have to install first the old built (they have to contact Newblue to obtain the download link), and after the last one. Very confusing.

So, I think that the Newblue plug-ins Colorfast, Essential 4, 5 and 6 have been developped without any consideration for the Cyberlink users, and I think too that Cyberlink should have contacts with Newblue to ask them to correct all these bugs.

For me now, all plugin are working (except the false category for Essential 5 and 6, but it's not important).

But with many workarounds.....

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jul 08. 2013 09:09

Jean-Paul

Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd, good morning.

I assume that each patch contains all previous fixes? (Yes they do, read your post again)

This is heresy of course, I subscribe to "don't fix it unless it's broken" so no fixes downloaded unless they are of concern to me.

Too bad that the 60P audio problem is not on the front burner, fortunately PD8FIX, written two years ago, will take care of it.

Eugene

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 08. 2013 11:29

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
efar8491 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Texas Joined: Jun 15, 2013 00:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I installed the patch for CL PD 11 Ultra. Now when I try to upload a Youtube video, there is NO Category option. Everything else seems fine, but for some reason my PD is locking up. This has happened three times. I run Reg. Mech, ZAlarm, and other cleanup programs. Also getting Registry errors when when it locks up. Have to clean everything and reboot. A pain... Then have to open last video production, PDS from fill. One thing I learned long ago, SaveAs as often as you can, especially before you change tabs or screens. Can you help? EdF
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
That's odd - the category option is available here... attached screenshot.

... that was after half a dozen of those MD5 checking errors during download! Grrr

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - YT_Categories.png]
 Filename
YT_Categories.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
48 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
303 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I installed the patch for CL PD 11 Ultra. Now when I try to upload a Youtube video, there is NO Category option. Everything else seems fine, but for some reason my PD is locking up. This has happened three times. I run Reg. Mech, ZAlarm, and other cleanup programs. Also getting Registry errors when when it locks up. Have to clean everything and reboot. A pain... Then have to open last video production, PDS from fill. One thing I learned long ago, SaveAs as often as you can, especially before you change tabs or screens. Can you help? EdF

Hi efar8491 ,
Looks like you have had a corrupt installation of the patch (maybe). I suggest you consider
1. Uninstalling PDR11,
2. Reinstalling PDR11
3. Applying the activation key
4. Applying the patch

Good to read you back up and save your project data often and to a new file name each time... lessons from past experiences lead to good practice.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 09. 2013 03:22

[Post New]
Finally PD11 update that resolved many errors, now I can already dispense PD10 AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the heads up Dafydd. ~Tom~
[Post New]
Thanks so much for posting Dafydd! I just saw there was an update, wondered what it was about, came here and sure enough.. you are on top of things!
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
Well I tried to install the update but get an error : is not a valid win 32 app.
See pic.

SOLVED

This happens when one screws around with the hosts files. I did that to eliminate advertising. Restored the original
file, all ok. Then will go back to modified file again, takes only a minute. Yes I do backup AND CLONE everything just in case I screw up, and I DO.

Should have realized this was going to happen BEFORE posting all this, sorry.

Eugene
[Thumb - Noname.jpg]
 Filename
Noname.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
43 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
274 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 10. 2013 16:05

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
Andrew [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2013 09:07 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
For Myself and my brother. Video Essentials V plugins are not appearing. IV + VI are OK.

It does not look good to have a button in PowerDirector take you to buy plugins that do not work.

So as Bhajje pointed out, the fix is to email NewBlue to get an older version?
Bhajje
[Post New]
Hi, Andrew,

You can load the old built for Newblue essential V (built 121114) here: http://www.newbluefx.com/downloads/Cyberlink/PDR11/NewBlueVideoEssentials5ForWindowsSetup14-121114.exe

After installing, you can update with the last built.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 12. 2013 10:09

Jean-Paul

Andrew [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2013 09:07 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Bhajje . That worked!
efar8491 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Texas Joined: Jun 15, 2013 00:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm a long time user of Cyberlink products. But... As advised I had to completely uninstall and reinstall all of PD 11. With the new patch, when I right click on a video clip, and I try to adjust the 'duration' of a clop, it doesn't even come up. I've rebooted my pc several times and run a host of reg, antivirus, and malware SW. Still can't adjust the 'duration' on any video clip. Worked before the update? Any help? Thanks Ed.
[Post New]
The "Duration" button is only available for images, you should trim or change video speed. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
Cablelawyer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2013 18:40 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Downloaded the patch after being prompted when starting the program. Followed all the download and install steps. Says installation completed, do I want to launch PowerDirector. Click yes...nothing happens. Clicking on the PowerDirector icon now produces the following error message: "PDR11.EXE - System Error. The program can't start because mfc90u.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Have reinstalled the patch twice now, same result. Suppose I could just remove all of PowerDirector and start over from scratch, but wanted to check first whether anyone else is having this problem.

Thanks,
Jeff
fella [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Dec 19, 2012 03:21 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Since installing patch 3026, sub-titles no longer burn to disc. They show in preview but do not burn to disc. And yes, i have sub-titles to disc checked. Support has me uninstalling Powerdirector which I can't because I have Director Suite. So I have to uninstall and install the whole suite. Has any else come across the sub-title problem. klc
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Downloaded the patch after being prompted when starting the program. Followed all the download and install steps. Says installation completed, do I want to launch PowerDirector. Click yes...nothing happens. Clicking on the PowerDirector icon now produces the following error message: "PDR11.EXE - System Error. The program can't start because mfc90u.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Have reinstalled the patch twice now, same result. Suppose I could just remove all of PowerDirector and start over from scratch, but wanted to check first whether anyone else is having this problem.

Thanks,
Jeff

Hi,
Complete uninstall of PDR11 apply activation key, then install patch.
Please post on the forum as a new topic to get further support on your issue.

New topic link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/jforum.page?module=posts&action=insert&forum_id=110

Dafydd