Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
White line on right edge of tv
johnblanker12345 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 12, 2013 11:37 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Powerdvd13. My pc is hooked up to my tv via HDMI. I had no problems with version 11, and 12. Now, when I watch a blu ray with PDVD13, there is a thin white line on the edge of my tv. It doesn't run the entire vertical length of my tv, only about 8 inches in the middle. It looks like it's only a pixel wide. Any ideas?
[Thumb - photo.JPG]
 Filename
photo.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
144 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
248 time(s)
[Thumb - photo(1).JPG]
 Filename
photo(1).JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
197 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
208 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 19. 2013 11:01

jimmyjhd [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 27, 2013 12:52 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Hi John, any luck found here so far? By the way, you can probably try decreasing the resolution to isolate the issue first.
Jsolo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 21, 2013 04:25 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Any solutions to the above issue? I'm running the most current build - CyberLink_PowerDVD_13.0.2902.57_Ultra_Upgrade_DVD130313-10.exe

I have experienced this as well with bluray content, but not when playing the media stream directly from the bdmv folder.

Also, this line goes away when in cinema mode. I prefer standard mode as it has more options available for interaction - I use a wireless mouse to control.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 21. 2013 04:41

Jsolo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Did some more testing and discovered something else.

When viewing a completely black background (such as the last few seconds of ending credits), there is also a similar line on the bottom edge of the screen.

I'm using a led tv panel with perfect 1:1 pixel mapping. On the avs709 test disk, I'm able to see all 4 borders equally.

See attached pics.

vlc1.png is the original snapshot. Best to view in full screen, otherwise the single pixel white outer border blends in. In windows picture viewer, use the slide show option. This image is 1920x1080 resolution.

vlc2.png is the same pic from vlc1, but presented on a black background. Note, this image is not 1920x1080.
 Filename
vlc1.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
447 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)
 Filename
vlc2.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
498 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)
Jsolo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Decided to try a fresh windows install.

Specifically windows 8 pro x64.

After installation of windows, chipset driver, sata driver and video driver, I installed pdvd 13 ultra. Playing a BD disk was flawless.

I proceeded to install all currently available windows updates and a few other utils/programs. Not sure which broke it, but afterwards, blue line was back.

So it appears to be some issue between pdvd and one of the windows updates. I have some 62 updates installed. It would be quite a pain to install each one individually to determine which broke it.

I'm still waiting to hear back from support to see what they come up with. Last exchange the rep wanted to have the dxdiag.txt output and model of tv. The latter being irrelevant as this issue is present with a dvi connected monitor too.
[Post New]
Quote: Any solutions to the above issue? I'm running the most current build - CyberLink_PowerDVD_13.0.2902.57_Ultra_Upgrade_DVD130313-10.exe
How did you get that version? Mine shows 13.0.2720.57, and there are no upgrades available neither through the auto-upgrade in PDVD13 nor on this web site. My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7
Jsolo [Avatar]
[Post New]
^^This is what was downloaded following the links cyberlink emailed.
[Post New]
Quote: ^^This is what was downloaded following the links cyberlink emailed.
Well, looks like those of us who purchased earlier are screwed for now.

Michael, could we have an ETA on when we will be able to patch our software to the latest version those people have? My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7
Jsolo [Avatar]
[Post New]
I don't know if screwed is an appropriate term. Do you have a line on the right edge of the screen when playing blurays???

Are you running windows 8 pro x64 with all the current updates?
[Post New]
Quote: I don't know if screwed is an appropriate term. Do you have a line on the right edge of the screen when playing blurays???

Are you running windows 8 pro x64 with all the current updates?
No, and No.
No white line here, and I run Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Windows 8 won't get anywhere close to my computer

I'd still like to know why I didn't get an update to the latest version.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 29. 2013 11:05

My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7
M8R [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 31, 2010 18:41 Messages: 89 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'd still like to know why I didn't get an update to the latest version.

Because no update was released. They're doing this for years now, continuously improving their software and giving new installers to recent buyers but releasing updates for all customers only now and then.
Jsolo [Avatar]
[Post New]
If the topic of this thread is considered an improvement, I rather have your older version if it has no such issues!
SynKro [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 24, 2013 12:13 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same issue and after 2 hours of test the problem are cause by the size of my desktop icons 150% I test customize it at 145% and the.white line desapear