Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 8.0 Ultra activation problem, help!
David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2008 05:23 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Just purchased the newly released PowerDVD 8.0 Ultra, and I can't activate it, when I try to enter in my CD-key that was sent in the email, I get this message:

Processing online activation... please wait.

Your activation key is incorrect.
Please try again (0x80ab000b).

rmpii [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 02, 2008 12:38 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Same thing happened to me.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi both,

I've sent off an email to CyberLink. I'll let you know when I have more info.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Krista [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 03, 2008 00:00 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the standard version of PowerDVD 8.0 and it is doing the exact same message. Telling me the CD key is not valid.
David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2008 05:23 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Well they fixed the problem a few days ago, activates fine now!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
A server crash caused a lot of problems - good to see everything is now okay.

Dafydd
Andrew [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 10, 2008 06:12 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same error message as David now. Has there been problems again?
paul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2008 15:24 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
i,m having exact same problems to how many server crashes can they have come on cyberlink sort it out!
Road [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 08, 2008 13:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
yep, online activation error 0x80ab0009

this needs some fixing somewhere

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 10. 2008 08:39

Greg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 09, 2008 20:12 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem here with the Ultra edition.
Andrew [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well I just got a reply back from Cyberlink it goes as follows and is so helpful

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.

We understand your concern related with activation.

Please be connected with the internet and be carefull while putting the CD-Key as it is case sensitive while installation.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification in this issue or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products.
Greg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 09, 2008 20:12 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Key finally worked.
Andrew [Avatar]
[Post New]
Mine just worked also.
paul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2008 15:24 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
brilliant! yeah it has activated now but guess what it wont play blu-ray dvds when i registered it with cyberlink they say its a trial version
so i get to pay for a package that doesnt work ive emailed the techies but no response to me this is the worst customer service i have recieved yet.
should have gone to nero8.
Robert [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2008 16:08 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I get 0x80ab0005 when I try to activate Power DVD 7 Ultra. Anyone know if Cyberlink still has server issues or has issue at the moment?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Robert, I believe you need to give PDVD Net access to confirm activation - just check you've allowed it. I think server issues have cleared up.

Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Paul,

I've sent you a PM - please supply details and I'll pass them on.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

brilliant! yeah it has activated now but guess what it wont play blu-ray dvds when i registered it with cyberlink they say its a trial version
so i get to pay for a package that doesnt work ive emailed the techies but no response to me this is the worst customer service i have recieved yet.
should have gone to nero8.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 16. 2008 11:07

Kyle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 25, 2008 19:46 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I've just downloaded PowerDVD 8 but I cannot activate the product as I am told I do not have an internet connection.

I'm assuming this is because the activation process is being blocked by my university firewall.

Does anybody know what port Cyberlink use? I'll need to add Cyberlink to the firewall exceptions list, and I can't do that without knowing the port number.
Steven [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2008 16:54 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi I have exactly the same problems,PowerDvD 7 ultra activates fine but PowerDVD8 Ultra refuses to activate,

router firewall,disabled ; Windows firewall disabled; as final resort ; Put PC in DMZ and still wont activate but registers as trial!!

completely removed Powerdvd references in Registry and reloaded still wont activate (wireless or ethernet)

And packet trace seems as tho the CDKey isnt being sent but no cdkey errors, anyone got any ideas?

if i paste the activation link into Web browser I do get cdkey error but this is most likely due to formatting error on the sent data.

Im on Cable broadband; but currently on adsl not that that makes any difference

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 30. 2008 20:18

David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 07, 2008 17:01 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same issue. Purchased PowerDVD 8 as a download. Had all kinds of problems with the download; I kept getting an error message that the install file was corrupted. Finally got that to work and now I have been getting the Activation Invalid message (0x80ab0005). I've been trying for several hours now and I've damn near got the CD Key memorized at this point. I originally purchased the download almost five hours ago....so much for being able to download and enjoy a movie, quickly and hassle free.