Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
power director stopped working
Maxpatch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 01, 2008 05:57 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
When I click the "Produce" or "create disc" button the Production Wizard opens and then both it and the Power Director main screen become dimmed and then a Microsoft Windows error message pops up saying "Power Director Has Stopped Working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Then the only option is to close the error message at which time Power Director closes down.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Leo,

I've read the additional information in the PM. My gut feeling, a guess, is you've a PC processing issue relating to the hard drive space needed to render and writing to disc all the different formats you're trying to achieve one after the other is a cause and a few other bits I'll add below..

1. Can you please defragment your Hard drive
2. ensure you have 3 times the working space in your OS Boot drive
3. sufficient room on any drive your sending the data to
4. make sure the source address is located at a accessible point example: C:My Works.
5. File naming and length of address is a significant issue - DO NOT use extended names of files, folders or addresses to files.
6. Look to increase the RAM memory in your PC.
7. Upgrade to the latest build version of PD
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART G

After running through these "little" things you should be able to function.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 02. 2008 05:19

Maxpatch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 01, 2008 05:57 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd,

Thank you. I'll try those things. My computer is a 2007 model compaq presario with 2 gig of RAM. 350 gig HD.
av8er [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2010 21:48 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I downloaded the PD 8 trial version and it worked fine. Before the trial version was up I got the same message. "Power Director Has Stopped Working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Then the only option is to close the error message at which time Power Director closes down.

I bought PD 8 Ultra thinking it would take care of the problem but after uninstalling the trial version and loading the PD 8 Ultra I get the same message.