Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
RE: Please help - green screen on timeline
Coralie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 19, 2013 19:24 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi total newbie here. I put together a little video from a group of videos (thought I was brilliant!). Went to produce and thought I'd try it with a theme, however then cancelled. If I open up the project all comes up ok and seems ok except when I go to play through the timeline or storybook. All I get is a green screen in the top right and nothing plays. The little red line that normally moves through the timeline doesn't move either. Please help. Thanks in advance. Coralie.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 19. 2013 19:34

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Often, it will help to save the project, then close and reopen. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Coralie [Avatar]
[Post New]
No, that didn't work
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Is QuickTime or other codec package installed? Attach a copy of you dxdiag.txt and we will have a loom. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Thomas1956 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 07, 2013 11:20 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I had similar problem, then updated drivers for display adapters(graphics) via device manager and then it worked...
Coralie [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have done the diagnostic test. Is it safe for me to copy and paste here? Seems to have information on it about my computer. Thanks. Coralie
Coralie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I had similar problem, then updated drivers for display adapters(graphics) via device manager and then it worked...

Hi thank you. Had a look - went to device manager, then clicked on display adapters but didn't see anywhere to update. Cheers. Coralie.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: I had similar problem, then updated drivers for display adapters(graphics) via device manager and then it worked...

Hi thank you. Had a look - went to device manager, then clicked on display adapters but didn't see anywhere to update. Cheers. Coralie.

Double-click on the name of the display adapter or select it and click PROPERTIES. Click the DRIVER tab. There you will see an "update driver" choice.

Often, a driver downloaded from the card or chip manufacturer's WEB site - such as NVidia - can be simply double-clicked, to install.
Coralie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

Double-click on the name of the display adapter or select it and click PROPERTIES. Click the DRIVER tab. There you will see an "update driver" choice.

Often, a driver downloaded from the card or chip manufacturer's WEB site - such as NVidia - can be simply double-clicked, to install.

Thank you - did as instructed. Came back as all is up to date.
Thomas1956 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 07, 2013 11:20 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I suspect even though my computer specs exceed the requirements of PD11....It might be worth the cost to upgrade to a dedicated video graphics card....it might heip soive many of the stall,hang and crash issues, and "green screens" too!....maybe then i could actually accomplish something?....
Coralie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I suspect even though my computer specs exceed the requirements of PD11....It might be worth the cost to upgrade to a dedicated video graphics card....it might heip soive many of the stall,hang and crash issues, and "green screens" too!....maybe then i could actually accomplish something?....

So are you suggesting that after paying for this program and spending hours putting my little clip together, that the graphics card on this new ultrabook laptop that I've just brought ($AU900) should possibly be updated??? After spending so much money I would have thought this laptop should cope. The details of the graphics driver is Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 Version 9.17.10.2817

Cheers Coralie
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Coralie ,
Please provide a full diagnostic of your laptop and more information of the content of your project.
1. Diagnostic File
2. Screenshot - full screen of the Edit Workspace
3. MediaInfo of the video you are editing.
http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en Create a text file and attach to your reply.

Please use the Guide Part A, B, E & F: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24771.page

Greenscreen issues. This issue can be triggered by a number of possibles.
a) Graphic Card drivers.
b) Inadequately powered graphics card.
c) Missing Codec
d) Corrupted Player/or not an up to date QT player.

Providing the diagnostic of your computer will give members nearly all the information to assess whether it is adequate or needs to be improved upon to overcome your green screen issues.

Dafydd
Coralie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, have attached diagnostic test and project. I can change subtitles, but just have a green screen and the arrow doesn't move over the time line. I just get a green screen. I can produce what I've done and burn it to a disc, but just can't change the timeline. As mentioned, it was working ok before until I interrupted it producing a movie with a theme. Cheers Coralie.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Diagnostic Test
 Filesize
74 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
370 time(s)
 Filename
giantdogballFINAL.pds
[Disk]
 Description
Project
 Filesize
987 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
272 time(s)
Dave456
Senior Member Location: Youngstown, Ohio Joined: Oct 30, 2010 06:46 Messages: 280 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Coralie,

Your video driver is a little old, version 9.17.0010.2817 dated 7/29/2012, you can check here for an update http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

Dave

Forum Moderator: Link edited and should work. A full stop at the end of the link caused the problem. 3x. Please read my following posts.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 24. 2013 12:09

HP Envy 17
Win10 Pro (64-bit) Intel i7 Core - 4510U @ 2.00GHz 2.60GHz
16GB ram
PowerDirector 11 Ultra 64-bit ver. 11.0.0.3625
Cyberlink Power2Go Deluxe 7.0.0.1827
PowerShot SX40HS
Canon Vixia
Coralie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok. Thanks. Clicked on that link that you suggested and came up with "page not found"
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Post above edited: The full stop has been removed and the link is now active.

FYI. Intel HD 4000 driver v9.17.10.2817 may cause the green issue. And this green screen
issue has been fixed in Intel driver v9.17.10.2843

Forum Moderator
Dave456
Senior Member Location: Youngstown, Ohio Joined: Oct 30, 2010 06:46 Messages: 280 Offline
[Post New]
That's odd, it works here! HP Envy 17
Win10 Pro (64-bit) Intel i7 Core - 4510U @ 2.00GHz 2.60GHz
16GB ram
PowerDirector 11 Ultra 64-bit ver. 11.0.0.3625
Cyberlink Power2Go Deluxe 7.0.0.1827
PowerShot SX40HS
Canon Vixia
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dave456 ,
I edited your link in your post - removing the full stop.
Dafydd
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Ok. Thanks. Clicked on that link that you suggested and came up with "page not found"

The link is good here. Perhaps the site was down when you tried. Cut and paste, for best accuracy.
Coralie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Access Denied (policy_denied)

Your system policy has denied access to the requested URL.

Link now worked. I had to download the Activex and turn off the pop up blocker, but the above is what happened. I am on Windows 8. Totally not sure what to do from here. Cheers Coralie.