Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 11 won't produce ANY project past a certain %mark
HerrIgor [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2013 19:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Greetings everyone,

After upgrading from the PD10 to PD11 yesterday the new software won't produce ANY of my projects past the 62-64% mark. It will just hang there forever it seems.

Uninstalled and re-installed four times already, tried several Nvidia drivers (ranging from 296.10 to the latest 314.22), updated all video and audio codecs I could think of, prioritize the PD11 to real time, set CUDA on and off but none of that worked. Very frustrated right now and out of ideas to be honest.

The worst part is that if I revert back to PD10 I'm able to produce as perfectly as before BUT now many of my files are being tag as being unsupported by the software... by the very same software that I used to edit and produce them countless times before in the first place.

I'd appreciate some help. Thanks in advance!

Igor
[Thumb - PR11.jpg]
 Filename
PR11.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Example
 Filesize
529 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
157 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DX Diag
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
219 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 13. 2013 13:05

garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Igor:

I took a look at your dxdiag file. The only possible issue I see there is that your video driver is older. I am running twin GTX 580s in SLI and my drivers are dated February 2013 and work well with PD11.

The only other suggestion that I can offer is to uninstall and reinstall QuickTime. PD does like to relate to the latest version of QuickTime.

Hopefully others may come up with more concrete suggestions. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
HerrIgor [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2013 19:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the quick reply Phil!

I installed again the latest 314.22 nvidia driver and also updated the QuickTime to the 7.7.3. Also took the opportunity to uninstall everything again, applied the CLCleaner for both PD10 and PD11, installed PD10, update it, installed and updated the PD11 upgrade but no deal.

The problem still persist. ;(

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 13. 2013 14:21

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Can you take one of the sample videos, or even several images, and try to produce that? What happens?
Have you tried to produce to more than 1 certain filetype?
Windows has sample videos also, most of us have those if you decide to try them.
Do you have a short 5-10 unedited, unaltered clip of the same source you are trying to edit? Please attach.
While we're at it, what IS the source? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi HerrIgor,
Thank you for the attachments.
I'd like to follow up on what both, garioch7 and BarryTheCrab have observed and requested.
Your system appears to be quite a capable set up for video editing, number crunching and game playing. Looking at what the issue is I think there is either a corruption of the file, corrupt installation or something we haven't "twigged" yet. You've been asked to provide a sample file - that would be ideal to test out. I see you've installed as an upgrade from PD10 where you didn't incur any issues.
OK, I'd like you to uninstall PDR11 via the Control Panel
Uninstall QuickTime via the control panel
Uninstall Wave Editor via the control panel
Clear out the Windows temp directory.
You will have your activation key for PDR10 and PDR11 - you'll need them both.
Go to the upgrade executable for PDR11 and initiate the installation.
When asked input the PDR10 activation key.
When asked upon activating, add the PDR11 activation key.

Place one of the Sample (Nature.mpg) into Track 1 and then select the Produce UI.

At this stage I need to know what you're selecting, Run with mpeg 4 and a 1920x1080 29.97fps for this test.

What happens? What is the result?

PDS files are not reverse compatible, PDR11 files can not be opened in PDR10.

Dafydd

Quote: Thanks for the quick reply Phil!
I installed again the latest 314.22 nvidia driver and also updated the QuickTime to the 7.7.3. Also took the opportunity to uninstall everything again, applied the CLCleaner for both PD10 and PD11, installed PD10, update it, installed and updated the PD11 upgrade but no deal.

The problem still persist. ;(

Quote: Can you take one of the sample videos, or even several images, and try to produce that? What happens?
Have you tried to produce to more than 1 certain filetype?
Windows has sample videos also, most of us have those if you decide to try them.
Do you have a short 5-10 unedited, unaltered clip of the same source you are trying to edit? Please attach.
While we're at it, what IS the source?
[Post New]
I'm having a similar issue. I purchased a new copy of PowerDirector 11 Ultra, downloaded and installed the fresh copy on my machine.

This is a new laptop which was upgraded to the latest drivers prior to installation. Here are the specs:

Windows 8 Home Premium x64
Core i7 3630QM @ 2.4GHz (with stepping up to 3.4GHz)
32GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz
Nvidia GTX 675MX /w 4GB DDR5 VRAM

I'd occasionally run into stability issues on previous versions of Power Director 7-9 on my old computer, but in this case, I've yet to be able to produce one movie successfully.

I've tried several 1920 x 1080 resolution formats including MPEG-4, MOV and H.264 with no luck. I've tried with and without preview and with and without hardware acceleration (turning this off just means it takes longer to fail).

Given that it was a clean install with no errors or warnings, and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the source files, could there be problems with PowerDirector itself?
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Smiling Bob,
we welcome you and your off-putting avatar to the forum.
I suggest you start a new thread and provide for us a dxdiag to analyze your computer.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24771.page
Please provide part A and Part B, in a new thread.
Similar problems can have very different causes. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Hi Barry,

Thank you for the welcome, I appreciate your help and guidance. As you suggested, I've created a new post here using the template you suggested. I also submitted a ticket through Cyberlink's official support and will be sure to pass along any additional details they provide for me.

Thanks again.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 01. 2013 10:14