Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Integrity of Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 at risk playing regular blu-rays
Robotech_Master [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 24, 2013 13:29 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDVD 10 Version 10.0.4126.2
Version type BD - OEM 3D 6CH+6CH
SR Number: MES120620-04
TR Number TR120711-010

Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1 x64, using regular user account with admin privs

Bundled with Samsung SE-506 drive

Using NVidia GeForce GTX 560, driver 9.18.13.697, with DVI output to ViewSonic monitor and HDMI output to Insignia NS-55E480A13 HDTV, at 60 Hz - using dual monitor mode (actually triple monitor mode, with extended desktop; two monitors on the GeForce and another on the mobo's built-in Intel VGA, but I don't use that for playback).

RealTek High Definition Audio, driver 6.0.1.6167, with Logitech 5.1 surround speakers; audio settings at 5.1 in OS and PowerDVD

Using Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus, version 4.2.223.0

Default Internet browser is Google Chrome.

When I load a blu-ray (regular, not 3D), it gets some fraction of the way through reading the blu-ray (usually around 75% or so) then I get a pop-up message saying "The integrity of Cyberlink PowerDVD is at risk" and advising me to check my antivirus software or reinstall. My antivirus software has not reported any errors. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled twice, and even tried upgrading to Cyberlink PowerDVD 12 and it had the same issues (plus was really slow).

It does this whether I use a region unlock program like AnyDVD or not.

If I completely restart the computer, I can play one blu-ray successfully—but then if I put in another, or close the program and restart using even the same movie, I have the same problem. Oddly enough, this only started after I got my new TV yesterday. Before that, I seemed to be able to play multiple movies just fine.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag log
 Filesize
58 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
673 time(s)
 Filename
Blu-Ray Advisor Log.zip
[Disk]
 Description
Blu-Ray Advisor Log
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
910 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 24. 2013 14:28

Robertolini [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 18, 2013 12:42 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I'm experiencing this problem as well, and I know of three other PowerDVD 10 users that are also affected by this exact same issue.

I've tried contacting Cyberlink's support for help on this, but no luck, the support personnel keeps asking me the exact same questions and in effect we're going around in circles, thus going nowhere.

I've provided countless proof of serials and purchase receipts of PowerDVD 10 hardware bundle, but yet none of that are acknowledged and the same canned copy and pasted questions are henceforth thrown at me, again and again.

It's as if this support personnel is doing his utmost to coerce me into purchasing an upgrade, but here's the thing; this issue will persist (as you, the original poster of this thread has experienced) even on an upgraded version of PowerDVD. So therein lies the rub, while some folks are compelled to buy the upgrade - this issue
- all the while, remains unaddressed, while the transaction goes through.

I must ask this though; is it a mere coincidence that 5 users of PowerDVD 10 are experiencing this exact same issue at roughly the same time intervals too?

One could say that this sounds suspiciously like a "Light-bulb Conspiracy Theory". I'll leave that for you folks to decide...

Robotech_Master [Avatar]
[Post New]
On the bright side, I've discovered the Daum PotPlayer, which seems to play blu-rays just fine. Even lets me account for the slight delay 'twixt my TV and my computer. So there's a solution anyway, at least for watching blu-rays.
Robertolini [Avatar]
[Post New]
Robotech, please, you have to tell me how you got Blu-Ray discs to play on DAUM PotPlayer, cause I can't and haven't as yet figured it out. I keep getting an error message that its found the files but can't play them.

There are literally tonnes of options to check and uncheck.

Thanks in advance.
Robotech_Master [Avatar]
[Post New]
You don't play it as files, you go down to the bottom of the context menu to where it lists your disk drives, then choose the one with the blu-ray in it.
Robertolini [Avatar]
[Post New]
I fired you a PM, didn't want to hijack this message... Did you uninstall PowerDVD?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 26. 2013 05:44

gandalf-of-sequim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 27, 2013 18:51 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem here. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Purchased the 12 upgrade and the same problem.

This product was working and then.... poof... NOT. Cyberlink media 10 came bundled.. I too will try the the solution selected.

Thanks all for the previous comments. AMD A10-5800K APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.80 Ghz
16.0 GB / 64-Bit Windows 7 Pro
[Post New]
The problem continues. Even a system restore did not solve the problem. Trying to install other software was of no value either. I now believe I have an expensive BR player that will not do more than read data disks. Not what I wanted but will not spend any more money or time on it. Something in win 7 65b is definitely broken and even the cyberlink cleaner is not removing all of the bits and bites of the software. If someone has a option please post it.
BTW.. the Datum solution was not a solution either. AMD A10-5800K APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.80 Ghz
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert,
there is a patch available for your Version of PowerDVD10 - please check the update notification within PowerDVD.

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Robertolini [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Robert,
there is a patch available for your Version of PowerDVD10 - please check the update notification within PowerDVD.

br
Michael

Hi Michael, thank you for notifying me of this, but unfortunately I don't have any patches available to download. There's nothing to select, plug-ins section is empty, as is the patches section. Only the Upgrade option remains.

My version is PowerDVD 10 OEM, it came bundled with my Notebook's Blu-Ray player.

I am getting very frustrated with this issue, exacerbated by an incompetent Customer Support Personnel as well, who has failed to properly read the answers I've given him, but instead resorts to the same canned questions regardless. I sincerely hope he gets a stern talking to since he could very well be responsible for giving Cyberlink a tarnished reputation, and I am sure you're aware of who that person is, Michael. You have to do something about this for every customer's concern.

I'm not trying to tell you what your job is - I respect what you're doing and that at times your hands are tied - I'm merely bringing a valuable point to light, that there is an incompetent person manning the station that should be helping a customer in dire concern, but he isn't.
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi robert,
there has been an patch released for the Samsung build mentioned by the thread opener.

Seems you are using different build?
Best would be to provide the base info (like Version and SR-Number [SR is not the CD-key!) and can be found in the about box)

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
I feel the same way. I have cancelled the upgraded product and requested a refund since the problem was not fixed. Tech Support seems to be curricular with the responses always point back to the upgrade page or repeating the same advise. I the real world, if something is not working, try something else because repeating the same thing normally yields the same results. In this case uninstalling and re-installing (even with the special cleaner) yield the same results. AMD A10-5800K APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.80 Ghz
Robertolini [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi robert,
there has been an patch released for the Samsung build mentioned by the thread opener.

Seems you are using different build?
Best would be to provide the base info (like Version and SR-Number [SR is not the CD-key!) and can be found in the about box)

Michael

Yeah, I am actually, my bad for not mentioning it. My version is as follows:

PowerDVD 10 Version 10.0.4126.52
Version type BD - OEM 2CH+6CH
SR Number: DVD120720-01
TR Number TR120726-057

@Gandalf: I understand the frustration all too well, unfortunately.
[Post New]
My bundled version is CyberLink Media Suite 10 which includes PowerDVD 10.0 6ch
Power2Go 8.0 LE
PowerBackup 2.5

Running
AMD A10-5800K APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.80 Ghz
16.0 GB / 64-Bit Windows 7 Pro AMD A10-5800K APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.80 Ghz
[Post New]
Quote: My bundled version is CyberLink Media Suite 10 which includes PowerDVD 10.0 6ch
Power2Go 8.0 LE
PowerBackup 2.5

Running

Hi,
I need the Version and SR number - please check Robert's posting above.

thx

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Version Media Suite 10 OEM Version
SN 1000119 AMD A10-5800K APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.80 Ghz
[Post New]
Hi,
please check our FAQ:

Version:
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=4410&prodId=1&prodVerId=-1

SR:
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=1036&prodId=-20&prodVerId=-1

br

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
I will reinstall it AGAIN
[Post New]
Power DVD 10 Version 10.0.412652
Version Type DB - OEM 6CH+6CH
SR NUMBER MES120629-01
TR NUMBER TR120709-021 AMD A10-5800K APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.80 Ghz
[Post New]
thanks Robert, thanks gandalf,
I forwarded your information to our QA team for further investigation.

greetings

Werde Facebook Fan