Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannont find CLVIRTUALDRIVE.SYS
sicaire [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 27, 2013 12:47 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Im trying to mount an image but looks like a file is missing, I get the following message when I click the virtual drive icon :

Cyberlink Virtual Drive cannont find CLVirualDrive.sys . Try reinstalling the program to fix the issues.

I reinstalled but its still the same.

Anyone know how to fix this ?

Would be appreciate, thanks.
sicaire [Avatar]
[Post New]
I found it in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go8\Drivers

But looks like power2go8 cant find it. Anywhere else I should put it ?
sicaire [Avatar]
[Post New]
I guess I will forget about getting an anwser.
SiberianID [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 23, 2011 02:55 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Im trying to mount an image but looks like a file is missing, I get the following message when I click the virtual drive icon :

Cyberlink Virtual Drive cannont find CLVirualDrive.sys . Try reinstalling the program to fix the issues.

I reinstalled but its still the same.

Anyone know how to fix this ?

Would be appreciate, thanks.

hi
I have same problem,I try to copy this file to system folder,but it not help
I think necessary write to support
Edgardo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 06, 2013 08:09 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
same problem here, tried so many times and no news yet.
Digitalone [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 15, 2009 23:24 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
To get the current installation working I found you have to do two things. Then reboot your computer and it should work fine.

Step 1 Navigate to the following directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink Corp\Power2Go8\Drivers and locate a file called CLVirtualDrive.inf. Right click on this file and choose install.

Step 2 Navigate to the following directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink Corp\Power2Go8 and locate a file called CLVirtualDrive.reg. Double click that file and say yes to merging that with your windows registry.

I did these steps on win7 64bit and had no issues. Have tried this 3 different times and each time it worked. You may not have to do the 2nd step but do it anyways since it won't hurt a thing and it will at the very least make sure you have the proper amount of virtual drives in the registry.

If this does not correct your problem I would suggest contacting Cyberlink as I am not an employee of their company and am only providing a solution to the problem you listed. Understand that while this worked for me it might not work for everyone because of a variety of reasons. Try it and see.
Brooker [Avatar]
Newbie Location: England Joined: May 27, 2013 06:45 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Cheers for this mate.
Came across this problem today and your fix worked perfectly.

Much obliged.