Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Skype?
GalacticaActual [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Payson, AZ, USA Joined: Jul 25, 2009 14:31 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Can YouCam interface with Skype? If so, how is this accomplished? I don't see anything in Skype to tell it to use YouCam.
==JJS==
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
in Skype Cam Setup you need to select the "CyberLink Webcam splitter" as camera device.

btw. this info can be found in our FAQ as well...

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=4837&prodId=125&prodVerId=-1

greetings
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
GalacticaActual [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Payson, AZ, USA Joined: Jul 25, 2009 14:31 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
On the options page for Video Settings, I am not given a drop-down box in which to choose a different camera. The built-in camera is the only choice. How do I get the YouCam to appear in this box so that I can choose it? Does it (YouCam) simply have to be running, and then it will appear? (No, because I just tried it). ==JJS==
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
in this case you may contact our support team.

please provide them mandatory info like YCM version and Skype Version.

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
laehcam [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2013 12:24 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using windows 8, when i go to skype options and video settings there is no option for youcam.
There is only a choice of the 2 different cams i have.
I have used manycam and splitcam in the past and they have always shown up in skype, blogtv, ustream etc
Youcam was pre-installed on this laptop so what is the problem?