Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 12 crashes after 8 seconds
-MG- [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2012 18:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I submitted a support ticket, but after reviewing what others said, this doesn't sound like I will get an answer from Cyberlink.

I installed the program and right after I open it, it will crash within 8 seconds every time. I see it loading some windows on the left side. I can even scroll through briefly before the crash.

I have the latest ATI Drivers, I have updated PDVD software using their update tool.

Arcsoft's Total Media product does not give me any issues like this.

The BD Advisor will run for Blu-ray's, and says everything is fine, however, the 3D Blu-Ray portion will crash at 80% everytime and never complete. I've attached my dxdiag and the error log from the BD Advisor. When PowerDVD crashes, I cannot find it in the event viewer.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
29 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
273 time(s)
 Filename
BD Avisor Error Log.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
210 time(s)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I see that you have updated the video driver to a new one. Is it the 310.xx driver? Try uninstalling it and installing the 306.xx driver for your video device.

In this case unless you are using your computer for heavy gaming, you won't lose anything. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
-MG- [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2012 18:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Support tried to help me and wasn't terribly slow.

I updated my video card to a 6670 and all of my problems went away.

The advisor software worked and 3D works great.