Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Test your ColorDirector with a Black Magic Cinema Camera!
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
Olivia Speranza, of OliviaTech, has a brand new Black Magic cinema camera. She has uploaded a flat video to her blog, which you can download yourself and then use your ColorDirector to color grade it and then upload your video to Youtube and send her the link on her blog.

It's fun!

http://oliviatech.com/original-blackmagic-cinema-camera-footage-for-you-to-download-and-alter-in-post

Here is my version:

~Tom~
[Post New]
Hello Tom,

Thank you for posting the link. That is an interesting challenge.

Members who are interested will also find other BMCC samples here http://herefortheweather.wordpress.com/2012/11/29/bmcc-links-for-blackmagic-cinema-camera-2/

Thank you, too, for posting your "ColorDirectored" version of the original. Did you use the Full HD MOV file or one of the others?

It may be helpful to members if you could post the adjustments you made, possibly with screenshots. Other members could do the same. It would be interesting to see how different people "treat" the clip.

I'll have a play when I get a chance.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
Hi PIX,

I used a preset, called 'Color Pop', and then slightly enhanced color temp and saturation. I edited the full HD MOV file. ~Tom~
[Post New]
Here you are Tom & members,

I had a bit of a play with the clip & came up with quite a few variants. Only three of them made it to YouTube.

Here are screenshots of the adjustments made in ColorDirector for the first two. Forgot to do it for the third one.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyY-DiYDn5w[/youtube]

PIX
[Thumb - MBCC_1 Settings.png]
 Filename
MBCC_1 Settings.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
75 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
583 time(s)
[Thumb - MBCC_2 Settings.png]
 Filename
MBCC_2 Settings.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
71 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
524 time(s)

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Dec 24. 2012 15:02

PIX YouTube channel
Kmot
[Post New]
Good job PIX! I really like how you did a blended split screen! ~Tom~
[Post New]
Thank you Tom,

I can tell you that some of the more "extreme" colour corrections I did with that clip weren't fit for public consumption!

All I did for the blended screen was to import the attached mask into PDR11, then invert it. Original clip in VT1 & others in VT2, 3, 4.

Did you notice the bitrate on the original HD file? 176MBps! CDR had no trouble with it, though.

Happy Christmas to you & yours, Tom, & thank you for your great forum contributions.

PIX
[Thumb - BMCC Mask.png]
 Filename
BMCC Mask.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
44 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
214 time(s)
PIX YouTube channel