Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Youcam cannot find my integrated camera
Quoux [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2012 19:52 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Specs:
Laptop
HP Pavilion m6-1035dx
TrueVision HD webcam

Cyberlink YouCam
version: 3.5.4.5822
SR: YUC111214-04

Whenever I open YouCam, I get this message: Warning, No webcam detected. "Try plugging in a webcam into your computer now. If you are using an integrated camera, make sure that it is turned on."

This is strange since I've never turned off my TrueVision HD camera that I can remember, mainly because I don't even know HOW to turn it off and on. It was working fine about a week or two ago, but now I don't know.

If you have any technical instructions to assist me, I apologize ahead of time because I am not very competent once it comes to techy computer stuff so I'm afraid you will have to spell it out for me.

Thank you

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2012 20:11

Logan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2012 21:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I AM TOTALLY & UTTERLY FEED UP WITH CYBERLINK YOUCAM. IT IS ABOUT TIME THAT SOMEONE AT CYBERLINK TOOK SOME ACTION TO SOLVE THIS INFURIATING PROBLEM THAT SO MANY WOULD BE USERS ARE EXPERIENCING!!!
Whenever I open YouCam, I get this message: Warning, No webcam detected. "Try plugging in a webcam into your computer now. If you are using an integrated camera, make sure that it is turned on."
PLEASE ADVISE, EXACTLY HOW TO TURN ON AN INTEGRATED CAMERA. THANKS.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

"PLEASE ADVISE, EXACTLY HOW TO TURN ON AN INTEGRATED CAMERA. THANKS."

this information should be found in your manufacturer's manual - normally it is Fn+[FUNCTION_KEY]
you may check the manual and keyboard of your notebook

Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
kevTechy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2012 13:47 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Same problem as Quoux there, as my Youcam cannot detect my webcam.

Samsung RV411 laptop.
Youcam version 3.1.0.3509
sorry, don't know what the webcam model is.

Laptop manual doesn't have anything about turning webcam off or on....please help...thanks.
Beth [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2012 22:18 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm with all of you, I have just wasted a week with support and the last time they told me to click on the settings which I mentioned right off the bat that I can not click on anything but the yellow icon.