CyberLink Community Forum
CyberLink power dvd error code 0121. this content is only allowed on a digital output....  XML
Forum Index » General info regarding 4K/2K Ultra HD and Blu-ray Discs
who8mahbacon

I'm not very tech savy so i have no idea what to do. it said to run the BD Adviser tool and i did and everything passed but the video connection type. the first thing to pop in my head is "what? why cant i use the way i am?" it is actually the only way i can do this. my PC came with this connector piece i plugged into a DVI port. on the other side a VGA cable is supposed to be plugged in. the DVI is the only video output for my PC. and my monitor which is also my tv, netflix player, etc. only has the VGA hookup in the back. so am i just screwed out of watching BD's because technology has become too advance to convert from DVI to VGA (is that correct?)or is there an easy fix to this that i dont see?
CyberLink-Michael

Administrator
[Avatar]

Hi,
to playback BD an Digital connection supporting HDCP is mandatory.

Any convertor to VGA (D-Sub) removes HDCP and the playback has to be stopped.

greetings
Michael

Technical Support
[WWW]
jimmyjhd

[Avatar]

This has something to do with the analog sunset rule. You need to have a digital output here.

Forum Index » General info regarding 4K/2K Ultra HD and Blu-ray Discs
Go to: