CyberLink Community Forum
How to change frame rate to match 30fps video?  XML
Forum Index » PowerDirector (previous versions)
CSwed555

Newbie here. I receive the frame rate mismatch message importing a video file (AVI, 30 fps) in Edit mode. Trying to edit the video, the audio and video are out of sync. I am puzzled because the msg says my project default is 29.97 fps but the settings under the General category indicate a value of NTSC (30 fps). Can someone help me understand the issue?
Many thanks in advance...
[Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
CSwed555

Is this the right forum to ask this question?
Jaime-esque

Senior Contributor

This is the correct forum. I personally just don't understand why that particular warning would make your video out of sync. Have you done any editing? Does the video play correctly outside of PD?
[WWW]
Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko

Senior Contributor

James has reflected my feelings to . OK, a little more info please.
1. Please provide a screenshot of the Edit Workspace and attach it to your reply. The image must show what you're looking at and the project insitu.
2. Let's have some more data on the files you're editing please. A sample would be great. 5 seconds long max. This must be from the camera, point and shoot for 5 seconds. State the make and model of the camera please.
3. Audio Sync, in what way. Lip sysnc from a point and shoot with a single individual the focus of the event? Or is it a point and shoot of a music concert event?
4. Altering track frame break up is unlikely to cause the audio sync issue you have noticed.

Guide info: Part E&F: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24771.page
Reply Link for attachment: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/reply/0/25480.page

More info please.

Dafydd

For more information click the links given here:
PowerDirector Video Editor = 2,2.5,3,4,5,5P,6,7,8,9,10,11 Ultimate Suite, Ultimate Suite 2, Director Suite 2.
PowerDirector 12 Image Guides linking image guides on the forum.
Image Editor = One that makes transparent background PNG files is a "must have".
Gif Animation = Creating and converting an animation can give one's video a little "edge".
Check out PowerDVD, PhotoDirector, ColorDirector, AudioDirector & MediaShow
I use the Pixelan plug-ins, (*5) with PowerDirector 12 Click here to visit Pixelan Software.
Started with 8mm splice editing and B&W still image darkroom photography.
Honesty disclosure: CyberLink have provided me their software products at no charge.
CSwed555

The source file plays okay in Windows Media Player. It is an AVI screen capture file of a full screen YouTube video generated by NCH Debut software. The YouTube link is http://youtu.be/w30TFlJiRKA.

My system is an HP Pavilion m7-1015dx w 8gb ram running Windows 7.
I am running PD version: Ultimate 11.0.0.2215, SR number VDE120918-01.
Running Norton Antivirus Online.
Video source material: attached 5 sec clip.
Video editors installed: Windows live Movie Maker (unused); NCH VideoPad Editor (unused)
CD burning software: CDBurnerXP
Typically no background programs running.
Attachments (zipped):
1. Screen print w FPS mismatch message
2. 64Bit DXDIAG snapshot
3. 5 sec video clip AVI file
 Filename PD11 FPS Question.zip [Disk] Download
 Description screen print, 64 bit DXDIAG, 5 sec video sample
 Filesize 1430 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  172 time(s)

Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko

Senior Contributor

Hi,
I can see the problem but I think it's more to do with PDR11 not liking the avi and the codec's you've chosen as well as the fact you're capturing two distinct streams of media and then merging them with the capture program you've chosen.

I'm unwilling to assist you in ripping video, copyright issues.

NCH Debut software offers a number of capture formats, try another, such as mp4.

Dafydd

Edit: Minor corrections.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/11/2012 10:35:37

For more information click the links given here:
PowerDirector Video Editor = 2,2.5,3,4,5,5P,6,7,8,9,10,11 Ultimate Suite, Ultimate Suite 2, Director Suite 2.
PowerDirector 12 Image Guides linking image guides on the forum.
Image Editor = One that makes transparent background PNG files is a "must have".
Gif Animation = Creating and converting an animation can give one's video a little "edge".
Check out PowerDVD, PhotoDirector, ColorDirector, AudioDirector & MediaShow
I use the Pixelan plug-ins, (*5) with PowerDirector 12 Click here to visit Pixelan Software.
Started with 8mm splice editing and B&W still image darkroom photography.
Honesty disclosure: CyberLink have provided me their software products at no charge.
CSwed555

Hmmm. okay I'm off to try some other alternatives. Thanks for your time and patience with my request.

All the best, +/Chuck

PS: videos are captured off the web from public domain sources to share with a small group meeting in a non-internet environment...

Forum Index » PowerDirector (previous versions)
Go to: