Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
cyberlink clqtkernelclient32 has stopped working
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi James,
Thanks for the update. I have passed the information on. Can you connect up your monitor to the Intel set up - if that's the way it works?
Dafydd
WildWayz [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Dec 03, 2012 17:11 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
i'll give it a go tonight when I get home from work and update you later on.

Once connected, i'll then disable the Radeon in Device Manager so it will just use the Intel HD 4000.

James
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Great, thanks James.
Dafydd
WildWayz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi James,
I've got something for you to try out.

RE: Ivy bridge platform.
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU
with Integrated Intel HD Graphics.

Try to switch to intel graphic to run the program, not using AMD driver and see if that helps.

You should receive the same info from Online Support.

Please advise if you're able to start up PDR11 without the error message displaying. If you crash and have a report dialogue window display, please send the info to CyberLink.

Dafydd

PS - Cyberlink haven't contacted me since yesterday morning. I replied, but cannot update the ticket until they reply back.

James
WildWayz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

I am using Windows 7 64-Bit.
Here is a video showing you the problem:

http://youtu.be/yClgzSOu4Fk

I recorded that with the Intel HD4000 in use, the Radeon 7850 was disabled in the Device Manager.

All using the latest drivers.

James

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 07. 2012 15:13

WildWayz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Not heard anything back from support since Friday.

I've gone into msconfig and enabled "Diagnostic Startup" to load basic drivers - same issue.

Only way it doesn't crash, is in Safe Mode.

I really need some movement on this as the company I bought it from won't refund me UNLESS Cyberlink say they cannot fix it.

James
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Not heard anything back from support since Friday.

I've gone into msconfig and enabled "Diagnostic Startup" to load basic drivers - same issue.

Only way it doesn't crash, is in Safe Mode.

I really need some movement on this as the company I bought it from won't refund me UNLESS Cyberlink say they cannot fix it.

James

Sorry that my memory is like Swiss cheese tonight, but isn't one big difference between safe mode and diagnostic startup that the screen resolution is different?

You might try changing the screen resolution and then see if PD fires up. Jerry Schwartz
WildWayz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Nope - 1366x768 = same error.

I think Diagnostics mode and Safe Mode are similar, but some slight differences... which I am not too sure on
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi James,
I have reported your feedback to CyberLink.

In the past when the error message you've reported is posted here the solution has been to uninstall via the control panel:
QuickTime
PowerDirector
and the end game is, everything works. The issue you have is identical to all the other error reports but the solution offered hasn't fixed the problem.

We may have to look at the install shield entries (identifying them can be awkward) and the Registry to clear out both PDR11 and perhaps QT (I'm reluctant to attempt to manipulate QT beyond uninstall).

I'll see what CyberLink suggest.

Dafydd
WildWayz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd

I was going to upgrade to Windows 8 this morning, but unfortunately for some reason going from Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit to Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit won't retain any files - it carries out a fresh install instead... which I don't want to do

James
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi James,
I've w8 to install as well, it's been sitting on my desk for a while. I would think a clean install for you, might be a good "workaround" to the QT error

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 11. 2012 06:11

WildWayz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Trouble is, I don't have time to do a clean install for at least another few weeks as it takes a long time to get everything sorted out.

:/
WildWayz [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am thinking that the issue MAY be down to the following:

When I installed Windows 7, I used the following guide:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/124198-user-profiles-create-move-during-windows-7-installation.html

So that i'd have my 120GB SSD drive ONLY for programs (C and my 1TB Drive (D for User Data / ProgramData.

I have a feeling that because of this, it is some how messing up the installation of Windows 7 so PowerDirector won't work, nor will the installer for Adobe Premier.

On my work's PC, I set up an fresh install of Windows 8 32bit using the above guide and it too fails to install Adobe Premier 11 - crashes out with a Windows Installer failure. It also wouldnt let me change PC Settings, access store and pretty much all metro apps were not installed.

I just formatted my work PC and fresh installed Windows 8 32bit using standard installation and all metro apps there, no issues at all. Adobe Premier 11 installer works fine. I am just downloading the CyberLink PowerDirector 11 trial to install on this build. I know it isn't the same hardware as at home, but I figure if this installs fine and loads, i'll wipe this PC again and re-set it up with the User data and ProgramData on a different drive and try again.

This way i'll know if it IS this custom setup that is making it fail or not.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi James,
Thanks for the info. I have passed the data on.
I look forward to your follow up and hopefully a successful removal of the error problem you've had.
Dafydd
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
WildWayz,

I would be suspicious of the 120 GB SSD drive. Powerdirector needs at least 100 GB of free space on the OS drive.

Powerdirector uses the same temporary file space as Windows.

You can check in the various forum posts on the use of SSD drives. Some are successful, some are not.

This is from Powerdirector 11 Ultra specs.
Hard Disk Space

5 GB required minimum (note: 400 MB is for Magic Music Library)
10 GB (20 GB recommended) for DVD production
60 GB (100 GB recommended) for Blu-ray Disc/AVCHD production

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

WildWayz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Carl,

I can see where you are coming from, but the SSD isn't the problem as the Temp folder is located in
\Users\[Userprofile]\AppData\Local\Temp
or this case
D:\Users\[Userprofile]\AppData\Local\Temp
which is the 1TB hard drive and not the solid state.

All of the PowerDirector working folders are contained on the 1TB hard drive - only the actual application is installed on the SSD.

If that makes sense...
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
I hope it works that way.

I have never had success with setting temporary files anywhere except on the OS drive.

Powerdirector will do strange things if it does not have enough temporary file space.

If you are using Windows 7 you can use 'Resource Monitor' to watch the execution of Powerdirector while it is working.
Resource Monitor will display the use of Memory, Disk, CPU and Network.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

WildWayz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just to update you. I did a lot of testing yesterday and it looks like when you install Windows using Audit Mode and you script it to locate
C:\ProgramData -> D:\ProgramData
C:\Users -> D:\Users
it creates problems which causes PowerDirector 11 to crash when loading. It also stops Adobe Premier Elements 11 to crash when loading the installer file.

However, if you use the Audit Mode and only configure it as follows:
C:\Users -> D:\Users

And leave C:\ProgramData there, it is fine and works brilliantly.

I then created a Symbolic Link (mklink /J c:\Users d:\Users) on C:\ to point to D:\Users so any program which hard codes location of Users instead of the %USERPROFILE% variable, will still end up on D:\Users.

It means all of the workspace used will not be the SSD drive, but my 1TB hard drive instead. Yes, pain having ProgramData on the C Drive, but I don't think it will take up a lot of space there.

Anyway, this morning before work I installed Windows 8 Pro using the above method and... ALL IS WORKING NOW

So the problem has been resolved!

Final Thoughts:

Either PowerDirector 11 doesn't like ProgramData being on another drive (even if using the official Microsoft way of doing it ie on install of the OS) or Quicktime doesn't like that method. Using my above approach resolves this problem and still ensures that all the working directories are not on the SSD which will shorten it's lifespan - only the program files are on that to make it fast at launching.
Carl312
[Post New]
Very good information.

I am glad you solved your launching problem.

Powerdirector is very picky about when it puts temporary files. By redirecting the files in Windows you avoid the problem of Powerdirector writing to another location.

I am bookmarking this post.

WildWayz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yesterday I formatted and reinstalled Windows on my test pc at work soooo many times to test where it fails, so I am pretty confident that the above should fix people's problems
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi James,
Thanks for the feedback. I have passed on your input to CyberLink. Good to know you finally resolved the issue. Well done.
Dafydd