Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Launch Rich Video Message on start-up
bryanhiggs [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2011 16:04 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
RE: My support ticket at CyberLink on this topic:

So far, they suggested I download an executable, run it, and reboot. They didn't say what this executable was supposed to do. Regardless, it didn't fix the problem.

Then, they suggested (in rather strange language) that I update to the PowerDirector 10 build 1424c, which PowerDirector 10 was suggesting anyway. I downloaded the file, installed it, and (just to be sure), rebooted. I verified that the update had succeeded, but the Rich Video problem is still there.

Sigh!
[Post New]
I recently sent a ticket for an issue, and they suggested that I update to the latest build 1424c, even though I mentioned that already in my submission....
RichardAu [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2012 16:49 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Here is how to fix this 'Launch RichVideo' message on Windows 7 64 bit:

1. From 'Control Panel' uninstall 'CyberLink Power Director 10' (you do not need to
uninstall 'content packs')
2. Open 'services' and disable the two 'CybelLink RichVideo' services (one reads
'RichVideo' and the other service reads 'RichVideo64')
3. After disabling those two services, stop them.
4. Open folder "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files" and remove all RichVideo files
(you should see in there various exe files, and a dll file)
5. Re-install PowerDirector 10
6. [Optional] Install the latest patch (1424c)

PD10 should now stop giving you this 'Launch RichVideo' message when you launch PD10.
Note that you may need to re-enter your product key after these steps.
nibal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 31, 2011 12:55 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello everyone,

I just started having this problem after I installed some recommended windows update. What I did to correct this rather than uninstalling the program was to run the last update which I had on my desktop. Everything is fine again.
nibal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 31, 2011 12:55 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I just started having this problem after I installed window updates.

My solution that fixed the problem:

I ran the last update which I have saved on my desktop, restarted and all is running fine. No problem since. This in much easier than uninstalling and installing and then intalling the updates. Two minutes and Voila.Let me know if this work you !!
Mike123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2008 09:08 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

I've just purchased the full PD 10 Ultra and installed it on my PC. I've also applied the latest patch and content pack, however I'm getting a message on start-up saying 'Launch Rich Video. Rich Video is not installed on your PC. Click ok to install Rich Video'. I click ok and PD launches fine. I can use PD without any issues, however I was just curious as to why this message is being displayed?

I tried running PD as Administrator but it made no difference (thought it might be a UAC issue...)

The message goes away if you reinstall and INCLUDE smart sound. So, offering smart sound as an option isn't really all that smart.

since we're chatting, PD is a great program - thank you cyberlink.