Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi guys does anyone have a problem with lip syncing connected by a receiver outputted to a TVat23hz
Manoroid [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 10, 2010 23:07 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
Reason i ask is because have my desktop connect to an onkyo surround receiver all by hdmi with the tv outputted.

I am having really bad lip syncing issues when playing blu ray movies at 23hz/24hz where normally the sound is faster than the audio. And please before anyone jumps the gun , i have done my research with delaying the receiver sound and also went a step further and used multiple blu ray software from other companies, such as the latest total media 5 and corel win dvd 11 pro. The only one that has no problem whatsoever is windvd 11 pro. There are zero issues with lip syncing. (only problem is they only default to 24hz playback not 23hz in the nvidia control panel settings, which all i have to do is manually select 23hz)

I've recently downloaded the latest patch for powerdvd 12 ultra and the problem still persists. I do realize and congratulate cyberlink for fixing the automatic refresh rate issue. It really works. OUt of all the programs ive tried they are first finally to get it to work. So props. But so far Windvd 11 pro wins this round. Powerdvd is a cool bit of software and it truly makes the home theater experience better for the end user, for example the iphone or ipad remote is a nice touch. Definitely better than Arcsoft's remote on theirs , and windvd 11 pro's having zero remote capability.

To be honest i really don't understand the problem and why no one has been addressing the issue im having.

I am really curious to how cyberlink is connecting their hardware and software together in which configurations.

Anyone out there with a similar problem like me, please speak up.

Thanks

Matt
Man Khan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2011 05:31 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
ye, i do have same issue and so i adjusted delay through my Denon receiver. It seems it relates to 3D displays.
austing1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 07, 2012 13:44 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
That was quick. So adjusting the delay on your receiver did the trick? By the way, which build number is this?
Man Khan [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am using 1905c but also lip sync issue was with previous version as well. I believe that it is not the fault of PDVD rather some other components, perhaps in my case nVidia graphic card and its drivers. but so far no fix.
Manoroid [Avatar]
[Post New]
I should not have to delay the audio on the receiver!!

Windvd 11 pro does it on its own.
Man Khan [Avatar]
[Post New]
you are right, there should not be any need, but what else is the solution. It seems that cyberlink do not have this issue in their labs.
Manoroid [Avatar]
[Post New]
It can't be my hardware. Windvd 11 pro works with lipsyncing at 23.976 and 24hz playback and 3d as well. ???

I'm trying to get this figured out with tech support. So far its hopeless.
chippy100 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 30, 2010 09:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have a similar set up, PC connected to Onkyo, to a Panasonic plasma.The lip-syncing made watching 3D films impossible.

I did a bit of searching on the net and came to the conclusion it was hardware related. The main culprit being the Nvidea GT430 video card that I was using, I swapped this out for an ATI HD 6450. All the lip-sync issues have gone.
Man Khan [Avatar]
[Post New]
^^
wow, good to know but instead of changing the card, you should have tried different GeForce drivers, lets say the last 3 drivers, may be one could have worked. I shall try and shall post ASAP.
Man Khan [Avatar]
[Post New]
chippy100, after you replaced nVidia with ATI card, did you feel any decrease in picture sharpness with ATI. I have some past experience and I think nVidia cards produce sharp video. May be I am wrong. Also i tried all drivers and no use. You are right. It seems that problem is with nVidia cards.