Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
can't install powerdvd because of a ms c++ security update
sandtrox11 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 20, 2012 10:17 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
I have just bought powerdvd 12 for my computer in order to play blu-ray discs on my computer.
But when I try to install it, it says that when it's trying to install a security update for "Microsoft
Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Packege x86" it fails.
I have tried to install ms visual c++ 2005 sp1 rp x86 but that doesn't work (install it that is).

I don't know what to do! Can someone please help!
And sorry for my bad english, I'm still new at this
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
What do you mean by "fail"? are you getting any fail error messages?

Have you tried to install the package with your anti-virus OFF or disabled? Are you connected to the Internet when you try to install?

What operating system are you using? Are you getting any message about UAC - User Account Control?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 21. 2012 08:31

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
sandtrox11 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: What do you mean by "fail"? are you getting any fail error messages?

Have you tried to install the package with your anti-virus OFF or disabled? Are you connected to the Internet when you try to install?

What operating system are you using? Are you getting any message about UAC - User Account Control?

Well when it the installation comes to point where it needs to do something with c++ this is the message I get:
"The process cannot continue because the (Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable
Package ATL Security Update(x86)) install was unsuccessful. Please contact Microsoft technical support
for assistance. The installation will now abort."

I have checked online on how to deal with this but I found no easy (that I could understand) way to deal
with it.

And yes, I have tried to install it with my anti-virus off (I use Trend Micro) but it still doesn't work.

I'm using a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS and no, I do not get any message about UAC.
And I have tried to run it as admin but no luck there either.

Any idea whats wrong?
sandtrox11 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I fixed it apparently I had to change the name of a folder in the regedit: "F942F94....." to "-F942F94....." THEN install ms visual
C++ sp1 redistributable package x86 and THEN run the installer to powerdvd 12. So problem solved
Ken [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2009 14:25 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same problem with PowerDirector 13. Tried all the fixes/workarounds mentioned, but to no avail thus far. Running Windows 7 Professional (64bit).
Ken
Reyfox [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2013 15:05 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I too suffer from this in trying to install PhotoDirector 5. I have PD13 Ultimate and AudioDirector 5 with no problem during the install.
I have disabled antivirus (Avira), and tried the registry key "hack" and that too did not seem to work.
Running a fresh install of Win7 Pro 64bit.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Ken, Contact Tech Support. since you said you tried all the fixes and none worked.

Reyfox, Please post a new topic in the PhotoDirector part of the forum. Some frequent posters may post there and not here. When you do start a new topic, answer these questions:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/17741.page

Edit Reyfox, did you buy a bundle? If so, post there.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 25. 2015 09:01

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Reyfox [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2013 15:05 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
It came with PD13 Ultimate bundle.
Vladimir [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2015 09:04 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. The same problem. Unable to install PowerDirector11 to W7 64bit. C++ redistributable error. What can I do?? Why there is no solution yet? Thank u.
stevek
[Post New]
Quote: Hi. The same problem. Unable to install PowerDirector11 to W7 64bit. C++ redistributable error. What can I do?? Why there is no solution yet? Thank u.

It is a Windows error and not an error with the program. What error code number are you getting? There should be one.

It is better if you start your own thread ain the correct part of the forum (Power Director) and provide this information in this link:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page

Power Director 11 is an old version; had you installed it before and now you can't. More information needed.

Have you tried to udownload the fixed version of Power Director from the Updates page?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 05. 2015 09:34