CyberLink Community Forum
can't install powerdvd because of a ms c++ security update  XML
Forum Index » PowerDVD (previous versions)
sandtrox11

Hi
I have just bought powerdvd 12 for my computer in order to play blu-ray discs on my computer.
But when I try to install it, it says that when it's trying to install a security update for "Microsoft
Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Packege x86" it fails.
I have tried to install ms visual c++ 2005 sp1 rp x86 but that doesn't work (install it that is).

I don't know what to do! Can someone please help!
And sorry for my bad english, I'm still new at this
stevek

Senior Contributor

What do you mean by "fail"? are you getting any fail error messages?

Have you tried to install the package with your anti-virus OFF or disabled? Are you connected to the Internet when you try to install?

What operating system are you using? Are you getting any message about UAC - User Account Control?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 21/08/2012 05:31:42

Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
CPU Solutions desktop
Alienware laptop MX17-R4
sandtrox11

stevek wrote:What do you mean by "fail"? are you getting any fail error messages?

Have you tried to install the package with your anti-virus OFF or disabled? Are you connected to the Internet when you try to install?

What operating system are you using? Are you getting any message about UAC - User Account Control?

Well when it the installation comes to point where it needs to do something with c++ this is the message I get:
"The process cannot continue because the (Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable
Package ATL Security Update(x86)) install was unsuccessful. Please contact Microsoft technical support
for assistance. The installation will now abort."

I have checked online on how to deal with this but I found no easy (that I could understand) way to deal
with it.

And yes, I have tried to install it with my anti-virus off (I use Trend Micro) but it still doesn't work.

I'm using a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS and no, I do not get any message about UAC.
And I have tried to run it as admin but no luck there either.

Any idea whats wrong?
sandtrox11

I fixed it apparently I had to change the name of a folder in the regedit: "F942F94....." to "-F942F94....." THEN install ms visual
C++ sp1 redistributable package x86 and THEN run the installer to powerdvd 12. So problem solved

Forum Index » PowerDVD (previous versions)
Go to: