Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
RE. Flickering& Juddery
e.x.gary71 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Northern British Columbia Canada Joined: Mar 29, 2012 19:20 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again
I have now found that veiwing the clips before I put them in the timeline they are okay.
Once in the timeline they become juddery when I view them in the preview window.
Gary S Gary
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi again
I have now found that veiwing the clips before I put them in the timeline they are okay.
Once in the timeline they become juddery when I view them in the preview window.
Gary S

More details.

What is the source of your videos? What is the resolution of the videos?

Part A and Part B
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

e.x.gary71 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Northern British Columbia Canada Joined: Mar 29, 2012 19:20 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Carl
Im using a canon HF20 HD camera.
Recording mode mxp.
Frame rate 24F 24mbps.
In the preview window Ive tried all the settings.
Hope this helps.
Gary S Gary
e.x.gary71 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here is my dxdiag
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
35 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
265 time(s)
Gary
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Usually when a video plays smoothly in the media room and juddery on the timeline is down to computer or video card power.

You see in the media room all your computer has to do is play the video.

When you drop it onto the timeline your computer has to alter every frame of the video to the specifications you have allocated on the timeline. For example a simple stabilization setting means your computer has to analyze every frame to see if it needs stabilization or not.

Even if you don't have any alterations on the timeline your computer still has to analyze every frame to see if it needs editing or not.

You may get some help by reducing the playback quality. The setting is under the playback screen.

I have a very powerful computer and still have to choose the second setting down if I have a complicated timeline.

The produced video will not have the problem. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi e.x.gary71 -

I'd endorse what Robert has said about CPU/GPU power.

Whichever particular graphics card it is in the AMD HD 6700 series, you should update your drivers as they're over 12 months old. I'm not suggesting that will solve your issue, but it might eliminate possible causes.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
e.x.gary71 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi All
Thank you for all the help.
Ive tried producing a dozen clips without any editing & it makes no difference they still do the same thing.
Gary S Gary
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Gary,

Here are a couple of things to try.

1. Do a test using the included cyberlink nature video. If that is still juddery it sounds as though it may be something about your computer. If it is not it could be the format from your camera.

2. Upload a short test video 5-10 seconds of un-edited footage straight from your camera to your post so we can try it on our computers.

3. Make sure you have updated your video drivers as they can solve a multitude of problems.

Cheers

Robert2 S My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
e.x.gary71 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Robert2
Sorry Im fairly new at this Im not sure how to upload onto the forum yet.
Gary S Gary
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Gary -

This graphic might help...

Cheers - Tony
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Tony, Good graphics!

e.x.gary71,
To get the fouth picture of Tony's, you use the Postreply button, not the Quick Reply button on the forum.

Quick Reply does not provide the Attachments button.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

e.x.gary71 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, here is a clip as per ur request. Thank you very much for your time and efforts
 Filename
005.MTS
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
27798 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
200 time(s)
Gary
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Gary -

Thanks for the sample clip.

It plays fine in media library, timeline & media viewer, here.

Media Info report attached

Try shooting a clip at a lower quality setting (say FXP @ 17MBps) & see if that makes a difference on your PC.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
005.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
279 time(s)

Robert2 S
[Post New]
Hi Gary, Also runs smoothly on my machine, timeline and produced.

1. Did you update your video drivers? This is really important and as I said solves many editing problems.

2. Something I did notice is you shot your video using "Interlaced" option. Interlaced is an old carry over from analogue TV's. Without getting all complicated you are better off shooting in "Progressive" mode.

Interlaced records half a frame at a time then combines them when processing. Progressive records a single frame at a time so no added overhead when editing or playing back.

3. As Tony suggested try recording at 17mbps plus progressive instead of interlaced to see if that gives your computer an easier time.

Editing video is about the hardest thing you can ask your computer to do, especially editing full blu-ray quality 1920X1080 24mbps as your video is.

Before I upgraded my machine I had to shoot at 1280X720 to guarantee my machine could edit my videos easily.

Let us know how you go and believe me there are sooo many people out there who buy their new HD video camera and find out their computer is not powerful enough to edit full HD video. Drop the recorded quality a bit and if that solves your problem.

Cheers

Robert2 S My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
e.x.gary71 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi everybody
Thanks for all the help Im going to try everything you told me tomorrow & I will let you know how I make out.
And yes my drivers are updated.
Thanks again for all the help.

Gary S Gary
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Just a wee note here hope you updated drivers from the manufacturers websit not windows update. Windows sometimes is behind times for drivers.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
e.x.gary71 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi everybody
Well Ive tried everything that Ive been told to try & my clips are still doing the same thing.
Ive updated my drivers & done just about everything still no luck .
Would uninstalling PD10 & reinstalling help.

Gary S Gary
ynotfish
[Post New]
Gary -

Did you try recording a clip in FXP mode yet?

I doubt that an uninstall/re-install will correct it. It's sounding more like your PC is under more loads than it's comfortable with.

Cheers - Tony
e.x.gary71 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tony
Yes Ive tried FXP Ive tried all modes nothing seems to work.
Its like everything thats moving across the screen is jerky like if somebody is walking left or right across the screen
they are jerky
Gary S Gary
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Why is your Windows DPI setting not at 96DPI? as it should be?
Try lowering it.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!