Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 10 - Zoom IN and Out on a Video Clip
kevsim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 12, 2010 17:14 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all,
Is it possible to Zoom In and then Out again on a video clip.
I would appreciate any advise.
kevsim
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
What you are looking for is the croping feature available in POWER TOOLS. Win 10, i7
kevsim [Avatar]
[Post New]
HDedit,
Thanks for the reply.
Do you know of a good Tutorial on how to use it.

kevsim
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Highlight the clip and press the 'Modify' button. When the PiP designer opens, go to the middle tab. Click the square with the green X. Move the slider to the point where you want the zoom to stop and click the button to add a keyframe. It is a diamond with a + after it. Drag the clip to the size you want. Then go to the point where you want the zoom to start back to original size and add another keypoint. Click the button that looks like a double diamond with a + and choose Duplicate Previous Keyframe.

Your clip will now zoom in and out. Save and continue. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kevism -

This one might help get you started... http://youtu.be/7Lsn369hlk8

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
kevsim [Avatar]
[Post New]
I thank you all for the advise.

There is one last question,
"What is the best format to use on the timeline, I ask this question as when I do some crops it can come out blocky, I was using an MP4 clip.
Is it better to use AVI with Power Director"?
kevsim
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi -

The problem is that the MORE you crop, the MORE resolution is lost. "Deep" cropping (don't know the correct term) will cause problems.

For example - you start with a 1920x1080 clip, then crop it down to (say) 960x540... then you produce that and re-use the cropped version in the main production... which you produce to 1920x1080. That cropped clip can't get pixels from nowhere. They'll get stretched to fill the screen... do you see what I mean?

I guess the best thing is to crop in moderation!

Whatever you do with pre-production, stick to the same format & profile as your original clips.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Steve0907 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2012 07:02 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Jamie-esque,

Thanks for the explanation...here I am in April of 2013 and I completely forgot how to do this...and you helped me...thanks much!

(I am writing this down so I won't forget!!!)